Court marriage

Hi .. Basically i belongs from nepal ... I have a girl friend from Australia.. At january we are planning to do court marriage in nepal n stay in Australia after marriage.. Soo i wanna know what are the procedure from nepal and what kind of documents does ma gf have to bring from aus n what are things we need to b prepare fo marriage n wanna know the conditions and rules.. If anyone these can suggest me with some ideas it will b helpful fo me n thankful to him/her .

Hello, I am Mark, an American citizen. I followed the advise of the people from this topic & HIRED A NEPALESE  LAWER!!.... Everything went very smoothly with no problems. Most will want 100, 000 rupees for the service , but if you shop around you can get it done for 50,000.

Hey Mark, can you let me know how long did it take for court marriage up to getting the certificate? Thanks

you're nepalese, living in nepal and getting married there; i presume you can speak the language - perhaps you should be the one telling us.

i'd suggest you look up the definition of the word Expat on the dictionary.

perhaps having been raised at a charity has made you believe that people will do your work for you.

i also like being spoon fed - until the age of 5 - but im not nepalese.

Your gf will need:
1. No objection certificate from her Australian embassy in Nepal ( for that Australia has own criteria and papers needed so make sure your gf calls Australian embassy in Nepal and asks them what documents they need to issue her No objection certificate )
2. She will need a valid tourist visa which hasn't expired until the day of marriage.
3. She will need to have stayed in Country for atleast 15 days to apply for court marriage.
4. She will need a temporary residence form issued from the ward office of the place she is staying in Kathmandu or wherever ( you can ask the hotel to do it or if it's your own home your ward office can issue it for her based on your letter it's called asthahi basobas)
5. Marriage family law rules of Australia printed and translated in Nepali.

You will need:
1. Single certificate
2. Your permanent resident form ( stathi basobas) from the ward office of your permanent resident address.
3. Your citizenship

After all these papers you will need a good lawyer who will do all the paperwork for you fast and fill the forms and everything. 9851212946 I recommended him he was very good and got my paperwork done and marriage within two day's! It will cost you 50-60k just for the lawyer!

Hope it helps!
Make sure you plan this way beforehand the procedure is quite lengthy and frustrating. The no objection certificate of your girlfriend must be the lengthiest time so make sure you call the embassy and ask for all the papers they need. Sometimes the Australian even need your papers ( the groom's ) so that can add onto your waiting period!

Best of luck

I don't think an attorney will be necessary. I'd suggest trying it without an attorney and if it doesn't work then get an attorney. I would definitely bring as many family members with you to the government office for the marriage and then also when you go to the immigration if you think there will be a problem, but I don't think there will be a problem unless it's just a 'paper' marriage. That is not acceptable in Nepal.  I've never heard of that going well and highly advise against that.