Oman visa cancel issue

Respected,

I get employed 1september2013, at Oman, Salalah. With some issue I come on proper cancelled employment visa on 30january2014 and i came to india.

Now 24march2015, I got good opportunity in Muscat. I wanted to join. Is my passport got banned? Can I accept? or where i can get the information in mumbai, india. Please suggest.

Kindly give me reply.

Thanks,

Hello amol00786,

Welcome to Expat-Blog!

Hope members will soon enlight you with their expertise.

Cheers, :par:
Marjorie

amol00786 wrote:

Respected,

I get employed 1september2013, at Oman, Salalah. With some issue I come on proper cancelled employment visa on 30january2014 and i came to india.

Now 24march2015, I got good opportunity in Muscat. I wanted to join. Is my passport got banned? Can I accept? or where i can get the information in mumbai, india. Please suggest.

Kindly give me reply.

Thanks,

Why will your passport gets a BAN ?  Please be specific. A passport is a document, on the basis of which, you travel the whole world. Leaving the job and cancelling a work visa doesn't BAN a passport. Probably you want to ask about the "Visa Ban" policy. For that, my answer is "No! You will have no issues with the Visa Ban" as you had an exit in January'14. Typically, you shouldn't have any such issues and you can be employed anywhere in Oman, related to your field work.

And you don't need to get any information from Mumbai as the job offer is from Muscat (Oman) and not from India !!!   :dumbom:

Hi schaz,

Thanks for your valuable reply.
my concern is about to new employee rule from royal oman police on july2014.
kindly check below link:
kishorcariappa.com/2014/05/11/2-year-visa-change-ban-for-expat-employees-in-oman-is-back/

is this affect on me?
today i have visited to embassy of oman at mumbai. they suggest me to ask at muscat airport.

Thanks.

Hi,

I got an opportunity from Muscat, al ghubra. My employer check with ROP for further visa process. Now ROP said that my passport is banned. I got stuck now.
As I got reply from employer we cannot proceed your visa.

Banned for 2 years.

I got reply from Expat.com that I don't have banned.......

amol00786 wrote:

Hi,

I got an opportunity from Muscat, al ghubra. My employer check with ROP for further visa process. Now ROP said that my passport is banned. I got stuck now.
As I got reply from employer we cannot proceed your visa.

Banned for 2 years.

I got reply from Expat.com that I don't have banned.......

Hi amol00786,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

If your prospective employer tried getting you an employment visa and if it has been rejected, then I'm afraid, there's nothing much anyone can do to change the situation.

This is one of the bigger problems here. Particularly regarding any expatriate related issue. The rules in this country keep changing at an almost regular and unfailing basis. That is why it is essential to get all updates from the company PRO as he is the only one who would get all the updates first-hand.

You must stop worrying about this lost opportunity and try focusing on getting a better opportunity in a far more open market like the UAE - Dubai, for instance.

May be this is a blessing in disguise.

Good luck.

Thanks for your valuable reply.
In UAE I don't have banned?
I have never been in UAE.

Dear sir...
i am working in oman past 10 years..my wife joined with me on my family visa last month.She is a nurse.now she got a job offer and planing to cancell the family visa for joining job.
1).if she cancell family visa,can she re-enter oman with out NOC from my employer?.
2).if i resign my current job with out getting NOC from my employer,can i re-enter oman on visit visa?

Pls reply me

Regards.

Thomas.

Thomasalex wrote:

Dear sir...
i am working in oman past 10 years..my wife joined with me on my family visa last month.She is a nurse.now she got a job offer and planing to cancell the family visa for joining job.
1).if she cancell family visa,can she re-enter oman with out NOC from my employer?.
2).if i resign my current job with out getting NOC from my employer,can i re-enter oman on visit visa?

Pls reply me

Regards.

Thomas.

Hi Thomasalex,

Here are some quick responses ...

(1) NOC is required only for the employed. Those on family visa are not included.

(2) Not possible. You cannot visit the country even on a visit visa again after exiting, if you do not have your last employer's NOC.

Dear Sir,

thank you so much for giving me  prompt reply.

regards

blessen

Hi Sumitran.. Hope you are doing great tgese days..  :)  I have one query.

Iam working in oman and about to complete 1 year but my visa validity is of two years (2016 Oct - 2018 Oct).
Iam getting offers from other Gcc like dubai, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and qatar.

Someone told me that you have to compete 2 years in Oman till your visa get cancel henceforth your can or eligible to work in other Gcc because if your visa will remain active for 2 years and mean while you quit your job then it will be a problematic situation for you to get visa from other Gcc as your current visa is still active.

Please comment on the above situation.
Thanks

The information given to you were wrong. You can move to any other GCC country anytime, after a month, after 2 years, whatever. You can't move companies within Oman, if you haven't completed your first 2 years, but countries is no problem. Once you resign and leave Oman, your work visa will be cancelled, so not to worry, you can move countries anytime, I have done this many times in the GCC.

Hi,

I m Hari, currently living in Muscat with my family and planning to change a job as my current company agreed to provide a NOC letter. Hope you have a good idea about the procedure in changing  oman visa/ Noc procedure.

Hence I kindly request you to advice me in the following.

1.Can I send my family to India without cancelling their current visa and residence card since my kids are studying in Indian school and it will take time to arrange a new visa for my family , hence I will only cancel my current visa after my family leaves to india.

2. If yes whether my family can come back to Oman with old visa ( since not cancelled and valid till next year).

3. If yes how long  they can be allowed to be in the old visa.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Hari

Hi hariram_rh,

Find my comments against your queries, below :

1.Can I send my family to India without cancelling their current visa and residence card since my kids are studying in Indian school and it will take time to arrange a new visa for my family , hence I will only cancel my current visa after my family leaves to india. - Yes. Your family can travel as long as their resident card remains valid.

2. If yes whether my family can come back to Oman with old visa ( since not cancelled and valid till next year). - Yes, they can come back.

3. If yes how long  they can be allowed to be in the old visa. - As long as their dependent visas remain valid.

you have noc from previous company then u can get

so what happened finally.. did you get the job in Oman?