New members of the Puerto Rico forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

From my experience.......Culture shock is when you live outside of the mainland USA and then return.

Welcome, there seem to be a lot of people from VA in this thread. I live in Virginia Beach.

All I can say is don't take anything personally and good luck.

Welcome, jirizarry!  When you decide on your location there are many people here to help out for schools for your little one.  Have you traveled to other countries?  I don't feel there is/will be much culture shock for myself and hubby but some may feel otherwise.  I think you will be fine.  Ask any questions you like and then people can help with tips on relocating.  All the best to you!

Hello.
My name is Jackie. I am relocating to Rincon from South Padre Island, TX with my son William. We have spent months on Culebra as well as Isla Verde. I'm selling my Bar and Grill and moving to Rincon to rid my life of stress. Time to enjoy life. It doesn't  take much to make me happy these days. I am a 54 divorcee. My daughter and her husband were victims of an accident in 2001 and I took over being mom and dad to William, my now 15 yr old surfer grandson. (He calls me mom).
We are no strangers to island life....we love it. I have friends from the US living in Isla Verde as well as Boyumon...
Hope to open a small restaurant once settled in...
Jackie

Thank you!
We will be about 30 mintues from San Juan.  My husband has family there and we are hoping to join them.  I have done so much reading on PR. My biggest issue is education,   With all public school's teaching only in Spanish that puts us in an unusual spot,  And private schools are more then $10,000 a year..  And all I know is i'm not rich!!!  So, my hope is to meet many, many people so I can find other schooling options.   What ever PR has in store for me and my family I will embrace it with a open mind and open arms... :)

Most people speak English here, don't worry! I've been here 9yrs, and my Spanish is terrible!

What area are you moving to, do you know yet?

Welcome, Jackie~ I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter and her husband :(  You are so blessed to be able to care for and raise your grandson.  All the best to you both!

Glad to have you aboard, Jirizarry, welcome!

Thank you! I am so looking forward to this move.

Hi All,

Can we please try not to go  :offtopic: on this thread.

Kindly note that this thread has been created for new members to introduce themselves and share their aspirations  :top:

Thanks & Regards

Mishna :)

Hello all, new member here, considering buying land to build a retirement home on at  future date.  I will read some past posts and ask questions I cant fine answers to.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462031

Thanks!

Closed