New members of the Maldives forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone,

I am from Sri Lanka. I received my job offer on early in January to work in Male as a lecturer in psychology and waiting for the work permit.

Thanks,
Udara

Hi

Please let me know any help.

I am in Male waorking for a bank.

Will do my best to help u.

Regards
Chapsy

Thanks Chapsy for your kind words.  I'll contact you once I am coming to male.

:thanks: Hy,are you still working there? Nice to meet you,my name is andrea

hello everyone! My name is Gema, I am Spanish. I've been working in Maldives for 2 years and then I came back 4 months ago but I really want to go back there to work. I studied tourism so I can work in hotels, travel agencies, TO... everything!! Please if anyone knows something let me know!

Thanks

Hi
I am Sinu Sahadevan from India and settled in Male'.I am [moderated: no ads on the forum please.] enjoying my deities and freetime with family as well

Hi Tks for the response. Let me know any help. One thing is common to all of us and that would be we all are away from our homes so we need to help each other is any possible way. Have a great day.

Regards
Chapsy

Hi All,

I'm a very new member in here, I'm from Bangkok, Thailand.  I have got 2 years contract with my job Assistant Front Office Manager at the resort in Maldives, 20 minutes from the airport north male to our resort, I'll be settled there very very soon.

Look forward to sharing some experiences about Maldives life very soon.

Cheers!
N

Hello, my name is Marie-Therese and I am planning to move to the Maldives.  I am originally from the UK but live in the United Arab Emirates presently.  I would like for you all to please give me a candid overview of what it means to live there for an expat.  Living in a Muslim country now I know what to expect in that regard and that is fine with me.  I just wondered if there was much to do as information I have so far is that it it idyllic to visit but not as exciting staying long term.  Is there any truth to this?  Would be grateful for any info.  Thanks a billion

please m just arrived in male, d hotel reservation is much 4me... can u please help me on accommodation before I get mine... for d sake of Almighty Allah.

pls dnt worry almighty will see u tru.am also planning to move in bt my agent is delaying my trip.i dnt much abt maldives bt i learnt is good place to live and work.u can add me on whatapp [Moderated: no phone number on the forum] or on face book @garuba odion to be a friend.God bless u

Chapsy i like ur style,pls am odion from nigerian.i want to work in maldives pls hw shld i go abt it,[moderated: no phone numbers on the forum please] add me on whatapp to talk extensively

Hello All,

A gentle reminder that this discussion is specially for our new members to introduce themselves to share their experiences and aspirations :)

If you have any queries, I would invite you to create a new thread on our Maldives forum.

Thanks & Regards

Mishna

odion garuba wrote:

pls dnt worry almighty will see u tru.am also planning to move in bt my agent is delaying my trip.i dnt much abt maldives bt i learnt is good place to live and work.u can add me on whatapp [Moderated: no phone number on the forum] or on face book @garuba odion to be a friend.God bless u

Amen, thanks so much

Hi All,

I just worked in Male' for one month and look forward to know all of you in the future. :)

Hopefully we can share some of activities together sometimes.

Thank you!

Sallam Allaykum, am Yusuf originally from Nigeria & m planning to migrate to Maldives by next weeks. can u please help me with jobs & apartment

Hi, I'm a newbie...
Will be working in one  of the Island Resorts in Maldives soon. I wanna hear everything about it from people who are currently working there. I do hope to meet friends from Expat once I get there :)

Hello all

A warm welcome to the New Members of Maldives forum  :par:

A little reminder :

As this thread is exclusive for presentation of new members, we encourage members to Create a New Topic if they wish to interact with other expatriates, share infos or need any particular assistance.

We have dedicated sections of the site to host any adverts you may have :

1. Job offers in Maldives
2. Housing in Maldives
3. Madives Classifieds

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hey, I'll be coming to Maldives soon. I wanna get along with Expats there if there's at least one gathering event I could join.

sure u r welcome contact me when u come

Totally agree! That's why I was wondering if there's an event or a regular hang out for expats. Or maybe one can organise, it would be nice to meet expats in flesh! lol...hmm, I will surely come once I get there.  :gloria

Yeah  :cool: I will, promise. Thanks.

Hi to All! I am living on Maldives for the last 3 years.. Originally I'm from Europe. I got married here to a wonderful Maldivian man :) and now we are both running our travel agency! We met while working on resort, so if any of you need any info or advice's, be free to contact me! Cheers  ;)

Hi ^_^ im Lhuz newbie.
I accepted offer working in a company in male maldives as procurement officer.
I  just wanted to hear some feedback ,opinions or any point of view on how is the life in Maldives ? :(
how employer treat der filipino staff?
And many more that i should have to be aware.

Thankie :)

Maraming Salamat po :)

kenjee wrote:

Hello all

A warm welcome to the New Members of Maldives forum  :par:

A little reminder :

As this thread is exclusive for presentation of new members, we encourage members to Create a New Topic if they wish to interact with other expatriates, share infos or need any particular assistance.

We have dedicated sections of the site to host any adverts you may have :

1. Job offers in Maldives
2. Housing in Maldives
3. Madives Classifieds

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Nice po  :D

Hello,
I am Aline. My husband and i are thinking to go to the maldives for 4-5 months.
We have 2 kids. 3 years and almost 1 year old.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm from India currently employed as a sales manager in a multinational company. I arrived in Maldives a couple of months back and after a lot of searching found an ideal place to stay in Villingili. It is a 2 bedroom fully furnished modern apartment with every amenity for a single professional (free wi-fi, satellite tv, AC, washing machine, wardrobes, double bed, well-appointed kitchen, ensuite b/room & toilet etc.). Now that I have more or less settled, I am looking for another professional who would like to move into the other bedroom.

Feel free to call me or drop me a message and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Salam Alykum Mr Yusuff, i am Taoheed from Nigeria i can see you are now in Maldive and i will also like to move to Maldives soon. please can you tell me about live and job there?

hi i am hoping to move to rangali island to work as a spa therapist however i think i need a reality check before i up my life on a 2 year contract.

has any one worked there before? how are the conditions for staff compared to guests?

hope some one can help

thanks
sarah

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495031

Thanks!

Closed