Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

What a great idea guys !
Would someone arrange a meeting already ! :-D

Please suggest a place and a date for it and we can go from that step onwards .

A Saturday evening would be convenient don't you think ?
I live in Istanbul and I would suggest Taksim Square as a rendezvous point !

Cheers

Great, so let's say Thursday 26th March at 8pm. Do you want to suggest a place in Nisantasi as I don't know many in that area?

ok thats great any place is ok for me and the time great at 08:00 pm
should it be in nisantasi ? i mean  also we can meet in cihanger i think there is more places there ?

any way guys am open for any place

hey guyz I used to bartending before in nişantası area so I know all places  how about a meeting near atiye Street(bar streets in nişantası)  I know a good bar whichs is name ''blush''  it has upstairs and it can be great or group meeting..

I am happy with Cihangir but someone suggested Nisantasi so I went with that. Let's meet there this time and we can go to Cihangir another time. Blush is fine for me, can you post a map of where it is? It's best for us to set a date, place and time as soon as possible and then people have a chance to see it and join :)

am totally in and looking forward to meet you guys Blush is ok for me

so u agree with blush also noah? great place ist it?

barstar wrote:

so u agree with blush also noah? great place ist it?

maybe we can meet taxim square and go there together as agroup ;)

this is map emilia  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Blush … a66e5ab5e7

I would love to join but am not free on wednesday or thursday evenings. Is there any way that we could pick another day during the week or organize this event again?

26.03.2015 works for me as well!

i agree if its ok for all the group :)

Would have loved to visit Nisanatasi, on that day, though I will be travelling next week to Dubai. If there is a meeting again, please let it up on the post!!

Enjoy yourselves! : )

We will meet on Thursday 26th at 8pm at Sanat in Taksim (Nevizade). PLEASE NOTE - I changed the location because the guy who suggested Blush has now been banned for innapproriate messages to women.

Obviously this day and time will not suit everyone but we can have other meet ups another time if it goes well. Looking forward to meeting you all.

PLEASE RESPOND ON THE THREAD IF YOU ARE PLANNİNG TO COME AS I WILL HAVE A LIST OF NAMES TO ENSURE NO UNWELCOME PEOPLE ATTEND.

Nevizade is also fine with me, just i might be a liitle late since i work at the Asian side! See you guys!!

Hey
Am coming
Taksim is good for me so see you guys .

I have had a few messages from people who say it is not a good idea to post the location on the group so I will private message all those who want to come before the event. It will be in Taksim but I'll change the bar. Hope that's ok.

I'm In for Thursday :)

Looking forward to it guys !

Hello Mary ... i am here in Bursa too &  searching for a new friend   :)

It would be wonderful  ; i believe that people make easily overcome some confidence problems which may be caused by "no reference in hand" by the help of this organization .

emilia_jane wrote:

I have had a few messages from people who say it is not a good idea to post the location on the group so I will private message all those who want to come before the event. It will be in Taksim but I'll change the bar. Hope that's ok.

I am a member of other Turkish forums where meet-ups are regularly discussed and the venue is always stated and as far as I know they have never had any trouble or unwanted visitors turn up, usually it's more a case of 'more the merrier' and don't forget there will unfortunately be people who at the last minute can't attend.
But I wouldn't worry too much about being swamped with people.

Obviously as probably happened earlier on this thread a bar worker or owner seized the opportunity to promote a particular venue, that's something that is always going to happen, but if people know the venue then not much is lost.

So just remembering this is now a 'past event' how did it go and was there  a good turn out?

Maybe you talked about doing another meet-up in a months time, who knows, but please keep us informed.

Phil_h wrote:

I am a member of other Turkish forums where meet-ups are regularly discussed and the venue is always stated and as far as I know they have never had any trouble or unwanted visitors turn up, usually it's more a case of 'more the merrier' and don't forget there will unfortunately be people who at the last minute can't attend.
But I wouldn't worry too much about being swamped with people.

Obviously as probably happened earlier on this thread a bar worker or owner seized the opportunity to promote a particular venue, that's something that is always going to happen, but if people know the venue then not much is lost.

It is not so much a case of being swamped with people, it's more that there are some men who see this website as a dating forum. Unfortunately, as a foreign women on this site, you recieve inappropriate messages from men all the time. By keeping the location private I am only attempting to protect myself and other women who attend from unwanted attention.

I agree that it's a case of the more the merrier and anyone who is attending for the right reasons is of course very welcome. I am just trying to find a way to ensure that the events are safe and comfortable for everyone.

I would love to organise another meet up so am welcome to suggestions as to days and venues.

I think the best idea for warm-up is a live karaoke session in Taksim.

Who would say no to that? :)

Just sayin' :)

Yes I have noticed a few innuendo's from people throughout the forum, some of which have been quite blatant, shame really, but I suppose they have to try and get their kicks somehow, because that's probably all they do get.

So how did your last meet-up go, was it a good night and reasonably attended?

As you say (would love to organise another meet up) so the more people know about the last one then then more they might be interested in the next one, it won't be for me as I'm usually a lot further south by Didim, but I like to try and help where possible even if it's just with suggestions.

In my own humble opinion with what you say about safety etc, I think if I were a female, (I am just trying to find a way to ensure that the events are safe and comfortable for everyone) even with me being me, I'm not too sure if I would feel as safe attending a venue which (a) I might not know and (b) especially when the venue is being kept a secret.

I do wish you all the best, but can you also understand what I am trying to say,

Edit: typo

I understand what you are trying to say but I'm not sure you are the best person to relate to the situation, having not actually been a foreign woman in this country nor on this website. I personally don't believe I am doing anything wrong by keeping the location a secret - it is my preference to do it this way, for the reasons I have not been shy in stating. However, I am not the only person who can organise events and if someone else wants to do so they are completely free to share the location with whoever they wish.

The last one was very nice and new friendships were definitely made. A lot of people couldn't make it so that's why I would like to gauge what days and times suit people better. The weather is getting nicer so there are lots of possibilities :)

P.S. I like the karaoke idea - a very good ice-breaker!

So please take a look at this venue. They have live karaoke on Tuesdays and Sundays. I will check out the other options as well, but this is the one I found so far.

http://masklive.net/

I've never been there but it looks good from the website. There are a lot of Korean karaoke places in Taksim too, where you can get a private booth for your group. I love live music so that's another possibility too :)

Hey guys

am in for live music or Karaoke it would be a nice idea :)

hi Laleaist

congratulation for the new job in Turkey
hope you are doing good

please can you tell me how you got the job

because i am also searching for the job in Turkey (Istanbul) in GOOGLE i had search for the link but nothing happening till now, i will be very thankful if you guide me

Hello All,

Am gonna be in Istan next month... would like to know some people in advance, so that I can meet up and start to have more idea about life in Istan! :D

786786 wrote:

hi Laleaist

congratulation for the new job in Turkey
hope you are doing good

please can you tell me how you got the job

because i am also searching for the job in Turkey (Istanbul) in GOOGLE i had search for the link but nothing happening till now, i will be very thankful if you guide me

Sorry I don't want to let this go OT but feel I should say this.

Lots of people can and may offer you a job, but if you are caught working without a work permit 'which are not very easy to get either' deportation from the Turkish authorities can be very swift.
So you need to remember, you would be the person getting deported, not the person giving you a job, and don't forget, you need a work permit 'BEFORE' starting work.

Hi 786786,
I found a job advertisement in kariyer.net
I applied for it and after some interviews through Skype and on person I have been selected. But consider that my case is very specific, I have specific titles and competences that not many people have in Turkey, so you cannot make a generalization starting from my case.
What I would say is try to find job advertisements through LinkedIn, kariyer.net and other jobs offer sites.
Good luck!

hi emiliya .how are you?im zhaleh .nice to meet you. :cheers:

Hi all
I am suggesting to meet on 2nd of May
I already participated in organizing the previous two meetings
there is a nice new place in Taksim and i already have some contacts who confirmed they are willing to show for the meeting
msg me for details
thanks

is there any meet ups in İstanbul?

Lets organize one next week. What about next Tuesday (05.05.2015)? Best point would be Taksim (there is Starbuks and kitchenette and many other places). I would propose 18.00 o clock. Everyone feel free to express oppinions.

It will be nice l.m sure if you agree i nform us pleaze

Ahmad, as we are the ones with real proposals, what do you say? Me i already made plans for this weekend to get out of Istanbul. So 2nd of May is not possible for me. Lets do it like this. I will choose the date and you pick up the place as you said you have some contacts already. I stand for next Tuesday - one week from today (5th may). If you prefer the weekend lets try the 9th may (saturday).

Would you write details and list all whom come to trip

So what?