Medicines Information Database

Details of all the medicinal products authorised to be placed on the market in Malta together with the product information are available on the Medicines Database. Should you wish to have a full list of all products, select whether you require a list of 'National Products' or 'Centralised Products' and an export of all products is created.

Please also note the registration status of products, which can be either 'Authorised' or 'Withdrawn'. 

Through the Medicines Database, you may:

Find whether a medicine is authorised to be placed on the market in Malta or not;
Find different products containing the same active ingredient/s;
Find different pharmaceutical formulations (e.g. tablets, syrups, etc.) of the same product or of an active ingredient;
Know whether a product requires a medical prescription or not (prescription only medicine, POM, or over-the-counter, OTC) for it to be dispensed by the pharmacist. The information on the pack of a medicinal product with respect to whether the product requires a prescription or not might be different to what is required in Malta, since packs may be shared with other countries. It is to be noted that the requirement for a prescription or not for the same medicinal product may vary in different countries. The information on the Medicines Database with respect to requirement of a medical prescription or not (POM or OTC) reflects what is required in Malta.

Here:  http://www.medicinesauthority.gov.mt/medicinesdatabase

nice one, maybe should put this one in the files, search works great

Hi,

I am looking for a little advice.

I recently purchased some imodium online and had it posted to my malta address. This was stopped by port authorities and I received a notice from Maltapost to provide a prescription to release. This medicine is OTC both in UK and Malta.

Do you know how I should proceed?

Buy it from a pharmacy here. Why buy from UK?