Living in xiamen

hi all!

came across this site of expats living in xiamen and would like to find out how life is over there... am considering working in xiamen myself and am doing a little researching before i make decisions.

would be grateful for any tips/ suggestions/ pointers/ anything about life in xiamen.

looking forward to hearing from you :)

min from sg.

Hello Minuette.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I would invite you to browse the other threads on the Xiamen forum for better insights.

Thanks.

Karen :)

thanks karen! :)

hi,i come from Quanzhou city which near Xiamen and i often visit Xiamen.i can help you know more about Xiamen.If it is your first time to china for living, i think Xiamen is a good destination, because the weather of xiamen is comfortable and there are good quality air(it is difficult to find in china).As well as others city of china, Xiamen also have many more people.The traffic is busy,the shopping mall is busy,the beach is busy.....I think a foreigner who come to china must learn how to live with crowd.i don't know what detail things would you like to take care of,you can communicate with me using skype,my skype account is "bigbeagle".

thanks bigbeagle
for your input and kind help!

I understand the musical 'Love U Teresa' was shown in Xiamen earlier this year. Any idea where is the show currently performing? Which city in China is it for rest of year / early part of next year?

I absolutely hated Xiamen, but lots of other foreigners seem to love it and say great things about it.  As with any city in China, it's always best to visit before you move.  That way you'll see what you think instead of what others think.

hello there,

I am willing to study mandarin in Xiamen next summer, in which university in Xiamen should I sign up?
which one offers convenient facilities and which one is the best located in the city?
Thank you so much for your answers

Hello Sinagua67 and welcome on board Expat.com

Kindly note that you are participating on a thread inactive since 2013 and you may not get any response.

Also this thread is talkiing about Living in Xiamen, so as to get responses to your query, I invite you to Create A New Thread.

Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com Team