Language Requirement; Quick question.

Hi guys,

Does IELTS is compulsory for GC application? I am a bit confused when being told by the Hiring Manager, it may not needed. This is contradict to a conditional statement as written in the appended link below.

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … scheme.htm

There are long ques here  for the exam placement. If I do need it, I have to plan now.

Your kind feedback shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks  :)

IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory according to the new rules. Cheers.

IELTS is not needed, but you should get 100 points

Well, what I mean is if you want to claim points under the 'Language' category, you will need IELTS or TOEFL.

any one is sufficient.

Thank you all for your sincere comment. Am really appreciate it.

All the best!

Hi Folks :cheers:
I dont see any point why the Denmark Government is after IELTS or TOEFL, after you land in Denmark on a Green Card, your first objective will be to look for a job in your line of activity (professional jobs i mean), keep aside the odd menial jobs to meet your living. In most of these blogs people have said that Danish language is the basic for getting any job (professional or odd). If that is the scenario why the danish government is insisting on IELTS or TOEFL. Is the Danish Government trying to cash on our Craze to settle abroad. One of the bloggers even mentioned it as a big scam. Maybe the Danish Ecomony is in need of workers, and they are able to meet that deficit in labour force from raising schemes such as the Denmark Green Card and others. And they lay benchmarks for their extending their visas after a certain period of time, such as annual pay should be say 355000 DKK etc etc. The Danish govt also knows that it is not possible for the Educated Expat lot to earn that much per annum unless they are into a professional job of their calibre (shortage skill) and for which Danish language is must.
Then why do they ask for English Language skills?  In my view it is misleading those people who wish to  come to Denmark or those who have already landed on GC scheme with a hope that their Career would settle in the profession they are in.
Eventually after say 2 or 3 years when their stay has to be renewed, they would say that you fall short of the benchmark and so hence your visa is not extended and so you may please leave. By then you would have served their economy working in menial jobs and the Danish Govt's purpose is fulfilled where as the individuals career at stake after 2 or 3 years.who will be wasting their time learning a foreign language which would not help him in anyway for the rest of his life despite doing odd jobs which you hesitate doing in your home country. And the same Denmark will not accept you again for Permanent residence once you fall short of the benchmark, they will simply ask you to leave, no appeals entertained.
So Beware of these sort of permanent resident schemes.  :(   .

Bobby IND wrote:

Hi Folks :cheers:
I dont see any point why the Denmark Government is after IELTS or TOEFL, after you land in Denmark on a Green Card, your first objective will be to look for a job in your line of activity (professional jobs i mean), keep aside the odd menial jobs to meet your living. In most of these blogs people have said that Danish language is the basic for getting any job (professional or odd). If that is the scenario why the danish government is insisting on IELTS or TOEFL. Is the Danish Government trying to cash on our Craze to settle abroad. One of the bloggers even mentioned it as a big scam. Maybe the Danish Ecomony is in need of workers, and they are able to meet that deficit in labour force from raising schemes such as the Denmark Green Card and others. And they lay benchmarks for their extending their visas after a certain period of time, such as annual pay should be say 355000 DKK etc etc. The Danish govt also knows that it is not possible for the Educated Expat lot to earn that much per annum unless they are into a professional job of their calibre (shortage skill) and for which Danish language is must.
Then why do they ask for English Language skills?  In my view it is misleading those people who wish to  come to Denmark or those who have already landed on GC scheme with a hope that their Career would settle in the profession they are in.
Eventually after say 2 or 3 years when their stay has to be renewed, they would say that you fall short of the benchmark and so hence your visa is not extended and so you may please leave. By then you would have served their economy working in menial jobs and the Danish Govt's purpose is fulfilled where as the individuals career at stake after 2 or 3 years.who will be wasting their time learning a foreign language which would not help him in anyway for the rest of his life despite doing odd jobs which you hesitate doing in your home country. And the same Denmark will not accept you again for Permanent residence once you fall short of the benchmark, they will simply ask you to leave, no appeals entertained.
So Beware of these sort of permanent resident schemes.  :(   .

I'm taking views from every angles as possible and your inputs are currently addressed deeply from my perspective. Good points indeed and in fact, i did highlighted to the Hiring Manager on the basis of IELTS, knowing that Denmark is not an native english speaking country. Without intention to move out of topic, I do also assessed deeply risk of non renewal PR. 2/3 years are rather short term, but still, I think it still worth for someone like me who is hungry for international exposures.

I had registered for IELTS exam somewhere in May 2015, though I haven't receive any feedback from the Hiring Manager. What motivates me now is for my personal benefit, irregardless where I could landed in the near future.

Thanks