Buying Condo or house? Can i own my house?

Buy a house is not a good idea, ..a condo is ok, because it can be in your name, but a house has to be majority owned by a Thai

We have bought 2 houses, a condo and built 3 rooms in a resort during my 8 years here all in my partners name. So far no problems.

Allenbenner, your condo is in your name, but minimum 51% of the condominiums units available in this building is Thai majority !! and the management is Thai company. When Thai law allow things for foreigners, think there are some reasons behind it.

You can buy an house on Thai name and through a lawyer can block the resell as it is under mortgage on your name, even some people register the house on some lawyer name, or you can lease back the house for 30 years and put some conditions in the lease contract to renew it, as you pay the house but in the name of thai friend or partner, he or she can not resell it also as long lease is register at Land registry office and your name will appear in the Title deed....

I bought a house on my thai wife, all will go to my daughter at the end, just need to make everything clear black and white on paper to your lawyer..., you can hear or read many bad stories about buying house in Thailand, but there are more good stories to share, however people tend always to complaint, and the negative take above the positive.

My experience is, the only relationships that last are the ones in which the guy never runs out of money! What is your source of income? If it ever changes you might become one of us

allenbenner wrote:

My experience is, the only relationships that last are the ones in which the guy never runs out of money! What is your source of income? If it ever changes you might become one of us

Thai women do work you know ?
Many Thai women have good work, Some (A lot) have there own shop / business.

No one say you have to come to Thailand and find a women (Or man) that need your money, It is your choice to chose your partner / GF / Wife.

In Thai / Thai relationships the man and women help pay the bills. Many times the women pay more then man, As many Thai women have better education and therefor better work, that pay better.

In our (My thai wife and me) Thai friends acquaintance i say like +75% the female pay a lot more every month, then there BF / husband.

Hello all

Kindly note that your posts have been moved to create a new thread on the Thailand forum, since you were off topic to the ongoing thread that was ''5 tips to live in Thailand''

Here the information received will benefit other members specifically seeking information about buying condo or house.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team