Living in jakarta at a salary of USD3000

Hi,

Please suggest whether it is possible to live comfortably in Jakarta with a monthly salary of USD 3250, before tax deduction. Accomodation being provided by the company including service/electricity/water/internet etc. What amount may be saved after maintaining a decent lifestyle.
Thanks
regards

Depends what a decent lifestyle is.
If you get drunk every night, eat at crazy priced restaurants and take gold diggers home - it isn't enough, and no amount ever will be.

I live with my family of a wife and two kids on about ten times less than your asking about, saving the rest of what I get.
That excludes treats like a camera every so often, a new 3 piece suite, and the car, but includes eating out at local restaurants far more than we should.
If your company is paying for housing, there is little else to worry about.

hi riroy,

well most of indonesian salaries are under 1000$/month if u can live comfortably in jakarta with 3000$ the answer is yes
except u do party and drunk every night which is not recommended. i agree with fred.

cheers

Thanks Fred and Mike for the nice and timely reply!! You took away most of my worries. Thanks guys!

lol. your salary is beyong averge salaries in Indonesia.

if you know how to spend it well, including that decent lifestyle you're saying, during weekends, I can say that you may save 50%. Try Loewy in Oakwood Tower, it is great there.

Thanks Shanty. As per your advise I shall definitely try Loewy in Oakwood Tower......let's see what is there in store for me.

Can anybody please let me know the Income tax structure in Indonesia.

Roy, there is a formula to calculate your income tax. However in general you can refer to the below tax rate.

The rates below apply to those that is in possession of a Tax Identification Number.
Taxpayers with the annual taxable income from Rp0.- to Rp 50,000,000.- is deducted with a tax rate of 5%;

From Rp 50,000,000.- to Rp 250,000,000.- deducted with a tax rate of 15%;

From Rp 250,000,000.- to Rp 500,000,000.- deducted with a tax rate of 25%;
Over Rp 500,000,000.- deducted with a tax rate of 30%

For taxpayers who have not possessed a Tax Identification Number, have 20% higher rate than to those who have.

Hope the above can help you.