Buses and prices.

Hi all
Are the bus prices cheap and is it better to buy a pass for a week rather than daily.Also can you use the same tickets in Gozo.
Going to come to Malta for a holiday and to check out areas and long term rentals in Gozo,Thanks.

If you are going to use bus for more than 4 days - it's better to buy week ticket.
Gozo and Malta have different tickets

From June there will be changes to prices and tickets and you will be able to use on both islands but presently
bus prices are
1,30 (euros) 2 hour
1,50 (euros) Day
6,50 (euros) week 
for malta and you would have to buy a seperate ticket for Gozo  Prices are the same

Do you know if there still is going to be cheaper for retired?

robpw2 wrote:

From June there will be changes to prices and tickets and you will be able to use on both islands but presently
bus prices are
1,30 (euros) 2 hour
1,50 (euros) Day
6,50 (euros) week 
for malta and you would have to buy a seperate ticket for Gozo  Prices are the same

Bus fares on Gozo for a single journey = € 1.00 2 hours.
The rest same as on Malta
Source:
http://www.transport.gov.mt/land-transp … /bus-fares

Thanks for info.Can you buy malta and gozo tickets in Malta.

Yes you can from the ticket machines

New Horizonz wrote:
robpw2 wrote:

bus prices are
1,30 (euros) 2 hour
1,50 (euros) Day
6,50 (euros) week 

Bus fares on Gozo for a single journey = € 1.00 2 hours.
The rest same as on Malta
Source:
http://www.transport.gov.mt/land-transp … /bus-fares

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/natio … P4OKjQtHIU details of the changes in JULY are on that link :)

Crickey I hope they don't scrap the day ticket option but I'm fine as I usually buy a 30 day ticket so will continue too

yes it says day ticket will be scrapped, I currently get the 3 month option at 72 but guess that will become 78 as you will probably be able to buy multiple months @ 26 per month

Can you take a dog on the buses

espressoman1966 wrote:

to the best of my knowledge NO. only if its in a "bag" kinda thing not loose on a lead. so Paris Hilton could if you see what I mean

espressoman1966 wrote:

depends on the driver i took my dog sarjo on bus to vet .. one driver refused another said he needed a muzzle others didnt care

redders_61 wrote:
espressoman1966 wrote:

to the best of my knowledge NO. only if its in a "bag" kinda thing not loose on a lead. so Paris Hilton could if you see what I mean

my dog wouldnt stay in a bag lol it ... it would have to be  a huge  bag at that lol

robpw2 wrote:
redders_61 wrote:
espressoman1966 wrote:

my dog wouldnt stay in a bag lol it ... it would have to be  a huge  bag at that lol

lol guy had one on bus other day I was on but it was in a carrier bag and couldn't get out with way he had it sealed over the dogs back. small dog obv lol

We know day tickets will disappear from July and 30 day passes stay at the same price.

Does anyone know what will happen to 7 day passes?

New Horizonz wrote:

We know day tickets will disappear from July and 30 day passes stay at the same price.

Does anyone know what will happen to 7 day passes?

not been mentioned yet nor the 3 month one I get. apparently the govt is doing roadshows and house visits this month to explain it all. Good opportunity to ask them.

Hi, a day pass costs €1.50.  Malta tickets are not good for traveling in Gozo.

rtintle wrote:

Hi, a day pass costs €1.50.  Malta tickets are not good for traveling in Gozo.

presently that is correct but this is all due to change from the summer tickets will be valid in both malta and gozo and it looks like they intend to phase out the day pass but were still waiting for the information to arrive

full deails of new fares are here http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … ed.565560i did try to register but I get an error msg so guess its crashed

When is the new weekly bus pass come in to cover malta and gozo as im over 1st june.

There will be no weekly bus pass unless your a child

It will know be 2€ for a single valid for two hours including interchanges

Lets hope the bus drivers drive fast then.ha

People can register for their card now, free of charge either online at www.tallinja.com or by calling on 2122 2000. Applicants will be advised when their card is ready to be collected from their Local Council as of June.
Applicants will need to have their Maltese identity card or driving licence available to register online at tallinja.com or by calling 2122 2000. One may also visit any of our kiosks at the Valletta Bus Terminal, Bugibba Bus Terminal, Mater Dei Hospital Reception, University, Malta International Airport and Victoria Bus Terminal.   

Ha! 10 weeks and counting on the ID card...  Wonder when the bus cards will be ready- July 2019?!!

Can you only get a single and not return ticket.Perhaps they do not want tourists on the buses as i thought you could get a day pass for 1.50

They are removing the 1.50 day passes in the summer and replacing it with a new ticket system where if you buy on the bus it will cost €2 single journey including interchanges valid for two
Hours ... They want people to purchase Before boarding ... They haven't yet announced what the fare structure for non card holders who buy at the office will be but we will keep you
Informed

Thanks as when in Malta want to spend a day or 2 in Gozo looking at areas to live .

never fear rob n redders are here lol the link says you have to load the card and the only cap is 26 for a month for a normal adult ticket. you either use it and swipe (pre loaded like an oyster card) or you buy a one way off the driver

Now coming over on 30th may so should be able to buy a weekly pass i hope.