Moving to australia ! Should I ?

heyy guys ! i am rawan, i am 20 years old from Jordan, i have a degree in management information system and i am thinking of moving to Australia and work there from scratch ! soo please anyone who lives there or worked there can help me with this !
so here are my Questions :
Q1 what is the best and safest place to live there for a single girl like me ?
Q2 for how long i will find a job if i moved there ? and is there companies that i can communicate or deal with before i go there and Not Risk it ?
Q3 Is food , Clothes , .... very Expensive ?

Please help me with those Questions and if you have anything i need to know about please inform me as soon as possible :)

Before anything you have to know that to immigrate to Australia you have to collect 60 points at least and these points collected based on your age,degree,experiences,ielts score...You can know how to calculate them and your eligibility from this link: https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general … -sheet.pdf
I don't want to disappoint you but I think it would be hard for you to collect 60 points and immigrate to Australia  before gaining some work experience in your degree to enhance you to immigrate also chances to find work there. But it doesn't mean that there's  no way!! Of course there's a way is to go there by finding scholarship  :)

There are plenty of threads here covering this very topic - I would put Australia at the very end of your wishlist

rawan salloum wrote:

heyy guys ! i am rawan, i am 20 years old from Jordan, i have a degree in management information system and i am thinking of moving to Australia and work there from scratch ! soo please anyone who lives there or worked there can help me with this !
so here are my Questions :
Q1 what is the best and safest place to live there for a single girl like me ?
Q2 for how long i will find a job if i moved there ? and is there companies that i can communicate or deal with before i go there and Not Risk it ?
Q3 Is food , Clothes , .... very Expensive ?

Please help me with those Questions and if you have anything i need to know about please inform me as soon as possible :)

Most places are pretty safe here.  There is crime, things happen, and most of it appears in the newspapers.

Finding a job  - That can be hard.  If your English is good it is easier, but many people will be looking for a few months.  It does depend on your exact skills though, and how many local people are looking for work in that field.

Food and Clothing..  Expensive. - Relative to what ?  If you earn well then, No.  But if your income is low, then things will seem higher.  You need to shop around in Australia for the better prices.

I know people who can live OK on $400 per week, and others who say it is hard on $1,500 per week.

We all have our different levels of need...

ABCDiamond wrote:

I know people who can live OK on $400 per week, and others who say it is hard on $1,500 per week.
We all have our different levels of need...

$400? - yes, when you have free accommodation or don't mind living in a squeezy dump of a property/appartment

Just came across this today - think twice before coming to OZ

Australia is equal to 130% of GDP

2Curlews wrote:

Just came across this today - think twice before coming to OZ

Australia is equal to 130% of GDP

You link points to this headline: "The Australian reports household debt in Australia is equal to 130 per cent of GDP"

household debt -  includes mortgages, credit cards, overdrafts and personal loans

Countries where people rent, rather than buy, have lower household debt, but also lower personal; assets, ie: property ownership.

Figures from this report were quoted as:
Australia 130 per cent of GDP
Denmark 129 per cent
Switzerland 120 per cent
Netherlands 115 per cent

Also.... Australia includes lending to small businesses, which takes in the self-employed, in its measurement of household debt.  Therefore the more business that are borrowing to expand will push up the debt figure

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-econ … lzyz4.html

Another piece of information states: The most endebted countries are more developed economically, with strong consumer-based economies and higher levels of GDP per capita.

IMF figures:
Australia    45,138 GDP per capita (PPP)
Australia    64,578 GDP per capita (Nominal)

Germany has a very low HD to GDP, but own less homes.
67% of Australians own their own home.
53% of Germans own their own home.
But also check out average houses sizes and types.. :)

Bottom line: To avoid household debt:
do NOT buy a house, rent one instead.
do NOT borrow to start a business, be an employee

Or:  Live within means, and don't care about statistics ;)

Household debts more than 100% of GDP can never be paid off hence continues accumulating (debt) interest our current/younger generations shall keep "paying off" for the rest of their LIFE and no way it's getting cheaper ever again. 

It's of no use (not to say dumb) stating other countries are doing the same hence it's okay for us to do the same?!

The situation is a result of grotesque political/financial mismanagement of a country - hey, what do pollies care as long as they can use taxpayers' "credit card" (with unlimited funds) for their lavish lifestyles and splashing cash they don't have into "foreign aid" and military (twisted priorities come to mind). Okay, that's off topic now.

Australian pollies are the highest paid on this planet and the most imbeciles I've ever seen (no contest) - just running this country into more financial debt enjoying no liability for their havoc.

For the average citizen on the street it means ballooning living costs, excessive property values (which are not there) and so on like rising poverty lines every year.

Things are not that easy - personal debt has little to do with a country's household debt generated by the political scene in the first place.

2Curlews wrote:

Household debts more than 100% of GDP can never be paid off hence continues accumulating (debt) interest our current/younger generations shall keep "paying off" for the rest of their LIFE and no way it's getting cheaper ever again.

Australian GDP is $64,578 per capita

At 130%  this means the Household debts (Mortgages, student Loans, credit cards, car loans etc) are about $84,000 per capita.  About $62,000 of that is the Mortgage, which is normally paid off over 25-30 year terms.

This leaves $22,000 as personal debt

You say this can NEVER be paid off?

Many of these will be car loans with fixed terms for payment.

A certain amount will be normal credit card debt, where many people pay off in full each month anyway.

It actually is not as bad as it may sound at first.
My comparison to other countries is to show that we are not that much different to other developed countries.

It would be dumb to say we should stop buying houses just to bring down a 'statistic for household debt'. but if we did stop borrowing to buy houses then this debt ratio would be more like 50% rather than 130%.

You mention 'foreign aid and military', but that is not Household debt.  Household Debt is personal debt, not government debt. 
Governments cannot control what we as consumers spend, or borrow to spend.

Your comments are more appropriate for Government debt, and a few examples are shown here to compare to Australia:  (Australia appears to have a low Gross government debt)

2013 Gross government debt as % of GDP (with rank number)

1    226%    Japan
4    133%    Italy
6    128%    Portugal
7    124%    Ireland
20     91%    United Kingdom
36     72%    United States
98     38%    New Zealand
110     34%    Switzerland
112     33%    Australia

4 people who share a 4 bedroom house at $100 per week each to pay the $350pw rent.  This leaves $300pw to live on.
It can be done, and not in a dump (although, to some people, a small house is a dump compared to a 5 bedroom McMansion)

Many people come to Australia and are happy, but those who have really well paying jobs in their home countries with an established well off life style, may find it more difficult than someone who is happy with a reasonable lifestyle.

Personally I found it difficult when I first arrived, having to lower my standards, I even had to go back to the UK before I really saw what Australia had to offer.  And it is more than money can buy.

Oh yeah, house sharing - sad to see how far this country has come concerning cost sharing, no?

Australia in great shape?

Other than that we're dragging off topic ..

2Curlews wrote:

Oh yeah, house sharing - sad to see how far this country has come concerning cost sharing, no?

Australia in great shape?

Other than that we're dragging off topic ..

The topic "Moving to australia ! Should I ?" is well addressed by this.

Many new arrivals, the singles, will consider sharing.  It is very common, and the main real estate sites have sections for sharers aswell as buying and renting.

When I said from $400 pw, that didn't mean all of Australia is like that, but a single can do it. Although $4,000 pw would be much nicer. 
It isn't sad for singles to want to share and keep costs down.    It is common in many places.

Your comment was: "think twice before coming to OZ".
For many people Australia will be a great place to come to. For others; not so, depending on where they come from, and what life they are used to.  The person asking the question is from Jordan.  Should they stay there in preference to Australia ?

The question may be; if not Australia, where ?

The US has national Debt at 104.36% of GDP - Debt per Citizen $56,723
The UK has national Debt at 86.62% of GDP - Debt per Citizen £25,731
Germany has national Debt at 54.45 % of GDP - Debt per Citizen 21,527€
Australia has national Debt at 25.37% of GDP - Debt per Citizen A$22,589
Switzerland has national Debt at 20.54% of GDP - Debt per Citizen CHF16,015

Switzerland sounds good from that viewpoint, but beaches and all year sunshine ?  hmm ;)
Whats is your view of Switzerland as an option ?

Regarding your link: "Australia could 'go broke' if the budget is not repaired within five years,"

This is in regard to the budget and comments such as:
"Australia could "go broke" if the budget is not repaired within five years, Federal Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce has warned."
"He urged the crossbenchers, including Palmer United Party leader Clive Palmer, to take the nation's finances "seriously" and not treat the Parliament as a "play thing"."
Prime Minister Tony Abbott said: "It's by no means unusual for some elements of a budget to still be before the Senate six months, 12 months or even 18 months later,"

This is all normal political talk, with opposition opposing everything ;) and YES, it would be best if Politicians always did the right thing, instead of what is best for them!

The current government wants to get things back to normal, and is trying, but it needs ALL parties to pull together, no matter who is in government.

Under the Liberal government (pre GFC) the budget was in surplus every year, but one, from at least 1999 to 2008.
the GFC affected all countries including Australia, and it is taking time to recover.

1. What is the best and safest place to live...? I think that no one can give you the answer. Of course, Australia is safer for you than India ;)
2. Finding a job is not easy with all people in the world, not only you. How long you will have to wait to find a job depends on your skills and the kind of jobs that you want to find.
3. Food, clothes... are expensive or not depends on your need, your income and each region of the country. You know, everything in the big city will be more expensive than in the countryside.

As a professional in the IT Industry for more than 20 years I can say it is very tough for IT jobs in Australia, especially in Western Australia. A couple of years ago jobs were plentiful at high pay scales. These days, even low level positions get hundreds of applicants who are highly qualified. Several former colleagues in Sr. Positions have recently been out of work for 9 - 18 months. Several more have moved away from Australia to Europe and the US for better opportunities.

It's good place to be, if you get the chance to come do it.

I loved Oz, if you can go do it!!

If I were you, I would consider Australia as a long term goal - something to aim for after improving on your work experience and qualifications. A Masters Degree from a respected and accredited university plus at least 5 years experience in your field would help...
Also, consider looking into scholarships for Masters programs in other countries.
Australia is very, very, very expensive. Rent in a one bedroom apartment in Sydney or Melbourne would be at least $1200 a month, and a cup of coffee is at least $4.00. Then, adding transport, electricity and phone bills etc.... Put it this way, my husband and I left Australia to work in the U.A.E. because we could barely save while working full-time as a graphic designer and teacher...
The U.A.E. does have jobs and if you get a good one, you can save there, but ...........
In terms of safety in Australia, there are areas of all cities which are safer / not safe, but generally it is fine.
I am more of a fan of Melbourne myself, as I think people there are more friendly, but I guess it would depend where the work opportunities are... and Australia's economy is slowing down these days and unemployment is rising....
Personally, I think you should look into the U.S.A. , U.K. or New Zealand.

Hope this helps, all the best with everything!