Education in South korea

Hi,
We are basically from uttar-Pradesh, India.My husband is currently working in gurgaon In S/W industry.
My husband also get offer for South Korea from Samsung and we have 3 yr old kid.
We are very much confused about the education of my kid and day cares there.
We have wondering what would happen if my daughter get educated in korea for 2 years and
we come back to India , then how would they evaluate her education.Will she get admission
in next standard according to indian education or according to korean education system?

Please let me know if you have got any idea.We are
exploring the information on Internet.

Hi
Did you find any school for your daughter ?

Hi,

Your child is 3, so formal education doesn't begin until age 7 in Korea.  I don't know how that compares to India.
But like most developed countries elsewhere, parents do send their kids as young as 16 months to daycare centers or toddlers' preschools.  Choices are abundant but very competitive to get in because of sheer density of the population.  You would have to register your daughter's into the country's official daycare website which is a site where all the daycare centers that have business permits register themselves and monitor their inquiries and waiting lists.  This is if you plan on going local.

On the other hand, if your husband's job offer comes with a stipend for education, I would recommend that you look into international schools in Seoul.  There are several that are frequently considered by the foreign expat families:  Dulwich College Seoul, Seoul Foreign School, Yongsan International School (YISS), KIS, and Dwight International Schools.  The tuition is in the range of 26,000 usd approximately to get you an idea for your budget.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Seorae Global Village Center
Director