How Can I obtain FBI background check if I am already in kuwait.

I came in to Kuwait ON October of 2014 after receiving an offer from a company over here, I came in with a background check, unfortunately it did not work with the company and I Resigned within the 90 days and my residency was not established yet. I stayed in the country on a visit visa and received an offer for a job which requires an FBI Background check that  is no more than 3 month old ( The one I came with is more than 3 months old ). Since I have to go thru The FBI again in the States then I have to fill up a new application along with finger prints on the specific form FD-258, the question is and I would really appreciate a specific answer, how can I obtained a finger prints to submit with my application to the FBI without having to go back to the states, bare in mind that the only form the FBI accepts for finger prints is DF-258 which could be downloaded and printed but where would I go to have it filled up here in Kuwait.

For an FBI Background Check you simply visit the FBI website:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identi … ary-checks

Download and print the FD-258 fingerprint card (with instructions), take it to your local police and have them fingerprint you. Note: Fingerprints must be taken exactly according to the instructions. They must be taken by an "on-duty" law enforcement officer, who must sign and stamp the form.

Then you send it off to the FBI (I'd recommend either some kind of Express Mail service or courier company due to the sensitive nature of the material.)

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

quick question, before I answer your question ... lol

Did you use and follow the steps required by your FBI approved vender (Channeler) the first time you acquired the prints?

Yes I did follow the instruction. my Question is how woukd I apply for the background while I am in kuwait.  I know about the site and the download.  But the FBI requires a specific form for the finger print which could be downloaded as well, my understanding is that in kuwait I can not just go to the police station and get finger printed and even if I get a letter from employer the form where they finger print me is not the form that the FBI approve.

You could arrange the prints if you knew the right people ... but, it's not relevant ... the Fed's won't take cards from abroad, they don't trust the systems abroad and believe it could be my prints under your name (or anyone else's) ... they have an approved vender list called channelers, and it's on they're site... just google it.  They 'only' except prints from 'domestic' sources, and only through authorized venders ... and, they won't mail the results abroad.  Regardless, to use the results here, you must first have them stamped by the Kuwait Embassy in Washington DC, which if you 'read' their site it states it must first be authenticated by the US Department of State... ...so in summary as to answer your question ... you can't get them done in Kuwait even if you could download the card.  You 'could' go back to the States, get your prints as your approved channeler tells you to source them, mail them in (or electronic transfer from the approved source... like a SMART station) along with the requested documents... you'll get the report back in about a week or so.  You'll mail that to the Department of State in DC as to they're guild lines listed on they're site... assuming everything was as the requested you'll receive that authentication back in about one and a half to two weeks.  That in turn is then mailed to the Kuwait Embassy for they're authentication (stamp) of the authentication, and should return in about another week to week and a half again assuming you have followed they're website directions and all is ok.  (figure about a month total)

Or, you could simply push through whatever it is you currently have with TONS of wasta assuming your new company has that kind of connections, resources, and the resolve it takes to use them on your position.   

You can google all this information and maybe find ways to trim the time 'a little' (pre-payed return FedX overnight on each step)... ...this is the only feedback I can give, wish I had better answers... good luck on your journey ...

:)

The FBI accepts FD-258 cards sent from all over the world, what are you talking about????

Ismail, if you are having a problem finding someone to fingerprint you go to the US Embassy and find out who they recommend or if they can do it there.

James wrote:

The FBI accepts FD-258 cards sent from all over the world, what are you talking about????

Ismail, if you are having a problem finding someone to fingerprint you go to the US Embassy and find out who they recommend or if they can do it there.

US Embassy's don't provide finger print services... everything I've stated can also be read on the corresponding government office sites ...I've stated the steps (I went through the process myself 'again' several months ago) ... if you think you know a different way, all I can say is... Good Luck!  lol

Ok so If I download form 258 from the FBI site, print it, get a letter from my potential employer that I need to get finger printed, I can take that form to the finger print Department in Farwaniya and asked them to use that form to take my finger print. Is that what you mean that The FBI accepts FD-258 cards sent from all over the world, what are you talking about????
I hope that is the case cause it will be great.

Mr. Enigmausly I know about all the steps that you have mentioned what I am trying to do or understand is  it possible to do that from Kuwait where I do not have to go back to the states, Knowing that the only form accepted is FD-258, I do not know what form they use here in Kuwait but I have a feeling its not FD-258.

I would recommend you pose that question to the USA Embassy. Someone there knows that answer!

Hi, I was wondering if you found a solution for the FBI backround check because I am currently in a similar situation. Is there any way to get it without having to travel to the States? Thanks

not that I'm aware of ... but maybe someone found something ... thats what these forums are for, a collective of experiences  :)