Owning/leasing land

Hello! I understand foreigners cannot own land, but only the buildings on them. Or they can lease land up to 99 years.

How are these contracts made? What if a foreign owns 100% of a Company, can that Company own land? The use is for business, not for personal use.

I see some good properties on sale, I wonder if the seller would agree to reduce the price and turn the sale into a 99 years lease.

THANKS!

Buildings are the same as land ; above ground floor ok to acquire
Company must be 51/49 Cambodian / foreigner
The way around lease a building from a Cambodian

Michael
Solina Realty

Thank you Michael! Is it easy to convince a seller to change her/his sale into a 99 years lease? Thanks

Foreigners cannot own land.    But can buy floor 2 and above;
Foreigners must have arrangement with a local either in a company ownership
Or private;
Security by way of.    Mortgage  from partner plus  a long term lease
That means it's registered ( providing it's hard title) and cannot be sold by holder of the land
One day.    we might follow the Vietnamese ways hopefully

Mjk

panama88 wrote:

Thank you Michael! Is it easy to convince a seller to change her/his sale into a 99 years lease? Thanks

It is not easy.  If a seller wants to sell, he/she wants the money.

panama88 wrote:

I see some good properties on sale, I wonder if the seller would agree to reduce the price and turn the sale into a 99 years lease.

Do you live in Cambodia?  If so, what city do you live in?

Keep dreaming  man.    This is Cambodia

If the decision is important, better not trust anonymous hearsay in a public message board, but get proper consulting and do further investigation.

I've heard a few times now about foreigners who have purchased land (whether that was real purchase, or rather a concealed lease or some other sort of official workaround I don't know.)

Also consider companies like Interconti, Naga or Aeon. Their properties may be owned 51% Cambodian, I don't know that for sure either. But who in their right state of mind would hand 51% of such a spot of land including massively valuable buildings to Cambodian control? I rather suspect that these land spots are fully owned by a foreign company. If that's the case, then there's a workaround. If there's a workaround, then it might be accessible for ordinary people as well.

Conclusion: get in touch with a professional.

(Just in case you want to ask: I don't know anyone, and I can't recommend anyone...)