Any americans ship their belongings over to poland?

We are pretty sure we will be moving to Warsaw this year. We are trying to decide if we want to ship everything by sea, or sell our stuff and buy new stuff over there.
I'd prefer to just have it all shipped over if we can, just because we both have our own businesses. I have a clothing line, and work out of my studio here to make all the initial samples with my team. Then I have it produced when the collection goes into production, so I would like to keep my industrial machines.
It would be nice if we could just have everything shipped over.

Hello Beataenglert

You may drop an advert in our Container sharing in Warsaw so as to know who might have some place in their container shipping to Warsaw.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi! In 2010, we first moved from DC area to Istanbul with nearly all our household goods. We kept some things in storage in the US. In 2013, we moved from Istanbul to Warsaw. I love having our own things with us! I'm a professional pastry chef, so I have a lot of tools, specialty kitchen items and cookbooks I need to have with me. So if you have your own machines/items for your business, it probably would be better to bring with you. The only problem I could forsee would be the difference in electricity here in Poland vs. the U.S.

We used AGS Movers for our move to Warsaw. Good luck!
http://www.agsmovers.com/branches/europe/poland/warsaw

Thanks so much for the reply. Do you know the approximate cost of moving everything?

I recall it was like $8000-$10,000 for a 2-bedroom apartment. Luckily, my husband's company paid for this. However, I do know some expats that sold most of their goods and then just shipped over a small container of personal goods and that way was cheaper. You'd just have to get estimates to see. That may be easier to do and then just buy cheap IKEA furniture once you arrive in Poland.

It sounds like a daunting task to decide. I'd go for estimates - see if your stuff fits in a 40' container and then - contact movers.

Quick tip: try to select a move in Warsaw or one that has offices at both end.

Anyway, let us know how it goes!