New members of the Montenegro forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Montenegro forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Montenegro if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone!
I am considering a move to Montenegro/Tivat in August! I would love to know what the expat community is like there- is it big is it active are there any irish there at all?
I am willing to get to know the locals and become accustomed to their ways but oil do hope to meet fellow expats too!!!
Are there any mother and child groups there?
Thanks so much :-)

Hey there,
Welcome (soon) !
There are quite a few Irish people here, and the expat community is so small, that you'll find them soon enough!
All the best !
Carine

Hello

I am moving to Tivat in August to work in the KSI School - I was wondering if anyone can recommend a removal company from Uk to Tivat? I should only have personal belongings - no furniture.

Thanks

Hi am currently new to montenegro currently working on a long term project in Podgorica. I presume there is a lot of expats on the coast line. Wondered if any resided in the capital here in Podgorica, be great to meet new people!
Regards
Samuel

hello,i am jameel from Pakistan,i just want to know how i can get a refugee status in motengro,i would be realy greatfull for the right support/info provision about,the refugee status provision,org/office or contact information,

looking forward for the kind support,
with regards,mohammad jameel

mohammad jameel wrote:

hello,i am jameel from Pakistan,i just want to know how i can get a refugee status in motengro,i would be realy greatfull for the right support/info provision about,the refugee status provision,org/office or contact information,

looking forward for the kind support,
with regards,mohammad jameel

Why do you want refugee status ? Are you looking to use this as an easy means of getting into the country ?  I suspect so.
You must have a genuine reason for applying. I suggest you go online and check out UN sites which deal with such things.

Hi, I'm new to Kotor. Just moved here after working for 10 years on sailing yachts around the Mediterranean and Caribbean. Originally from London but have lived in Australia for 20 years. I would love to meet other expats and get to know this beautiful country better.

Hi Carine,

I would love to meet other expats in Montenegro, where do you all hang out?

Hello all

This is sudhir from india. I am looking forward to open up my import export, trading firm in montenegro, want to apply for work permit evantually.

could anyone refer me to a genuine lawyer, consultant, who can do this work for me.

i am really excited to meet all the new expat's coming out from different parts of world to make there life in montenegro.

hope to here from you guys soon.

thanks
sudhir
0091 9975457074

:cheers:
We are Australians wishing to buy a property and retire in MN. Pl suggest places with good shopping, cafés, movies, clubs and views. We prefer penthouse or separate villa. Any reliable and honest realtors? I have been reading some of the blogs and it is scary.
Pl advise
Nalini

Hi there,

I recently bought a studio in Kotor through ntrealty....it was really painless and trouble free. I hope this helps

G'day all

I'm Aaron from Australia, I visited the country back in 2011 for a holiday with my now wife ( she's Serbian) and I totally fell in love with the place and have been dreaming of not just coming back for another holiday, but living in MN or central Serbia. I'm a Mechanical/ Hydraulic Fitter by trade.  I can speak and read some basic/ Serbian/ SFRJ.

Hope to chat to you all as time goes on, maybe oneday meet some of you when we get over there again?

Hi guys!
My name is Ivana. I'm 24. I'm offering childcare and tutoring services to English-speaking expats living in Podgorica, Montenegro. I'm highly educated and I've always been a distinguished student. I'm responsible and outgoing individual who loves working with children and I enjoy their company immensely.
Feel free to contact me.

Depends on where exactly you want to start your business. If you are planning to start something in capital of Montenegro, Podgorica, these are some lawyers who could help you:

1. BOŠKOVIĆ, Nikola
Vasa Raičkovića 2a
81000 Podgorica
Tel/faks: +382 (0)20 237 087, +382 (0)20 237 067, +382 (0)69 470 464
E-mail: [email protected]

2. LUTOVAC,Branislav
Bulevar Ivana Crnojevića 93
81000 Podgorica
Tel/Faks: +382 (0)20 230 323, Mob: +382 (0)69 015 720

3. NOVAKOVIĆ, Marika
Bulevar Sv. Petra Cetinjskog 114/1
81000 Podgorica
Telefon/Faks: +382 (0)20 228 360; +382 (0)20 228 350

Hi,

I have recently relocated to Montenegro and wanting to set out to explore my new home. Any tips on out of the way places, great gastronomy or just day to day matters would be appreciated.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

RD

Hi newby,

I'm new to Montenegro too and still finding my way around. Would be happy to join you any time you are in or near Kotor and try out the restaurants here.

Hi, I will be down that way next week, would love to try out some of the gastronomic delights!  :)

Glad to see a growing number of expats here. My partner and I are in our 30s, from Buenos Aires and we live in Budva April-September. Looking forward to meeting some of the new expats in the area.

Hi All,

I am Anne-Fleur and originally from Holland.
Me and my family currently live in Malta.
We are looking in to Montenegro as our next destination, the Zabljak area.

I have some questions that I will put int he relevant section of this forum.

Hi Anne-Fleur!
May I ask you why Zabljak area?
Cheers!

Hi Tsarine!

We like that part because of the great nature there.

Fair enough! I hope someone will manage to answer your question about school.
All the best in your move!

Hello

I've recently moved to Kotor to live with my fiance who is Montenegrin. Are there any other expats around the Kotor area?

Rosie :)

Welcome Rosie !! We are quite a few indeed ! :)

Welcome Rosie! I hope this new chapter in your life is a nice one!

Hi derekcarlos thank you for your kind message :)

OK thanks for mes me back.
Language is very hard had a few lessons in dublin from Serbian lady but was getting no were. Keep trying with language unlike me. It will get easier. I will have to try again to learn it.

Hi Julien, and Hi to everyone on this forum,

I'm not really a new member, but I realise I haven't introduced myself yet.

I once worked for the British Council in the region, during which time I met the person who later became my wife (she's Montenegrin), so I stayed on after my contract came to an end.

Fourteen years later, still living in a tiny village outside Podgorica, chopping wood and growing  apples.
Besides, still teaching at a university in Podgorica, though my life is increasingly oriented towards tai chi and qigong, both of which I practise and teach in my spare time.

That's all from me for now.

John

Thank you all for your introductions. :top:

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hello

We are very regular visitors to Montenegro. Our first visit was in 2004 and 10 years ago we bought a house in Herceg Novi.  After using the house for a few years, we renovated and now enjoy about 4 stays each year come rain or shine from 10 days to a month at a time. We both retired early from overworked careers, Nick was a GP and I worked in art and design higher education.

However artists never retire and now I am working on my 'Montenegro Project'. This is looking at the heritage of Montenegro through the movement of people in and out of Montenegro over time - what they have left behind and what they have taken away; Greek, Roman, Venetian, Turk  through the years to to Bosniak refugees and the renewed rush of tourism. Inspiration has come from textile and ceramic artefacts in museums and of course the architecture, vernacular as well as historic of the area. As an Artist in Residence at UCA Farnham I also have facilities to make ceramic pieces as well as 2D artworks around this theme. Some of this work has been exhibited at the Josip Benpo Benkovic Gallery in Herceg Novi, where I was also the first international guest at their long standing Winter Salon, which is open to contemporary artists from all over former Yugoslavia.

If you see someone beach combing for naturalised building materials and objet trouve, that might well be me, please say hello

Leo (and Nick)

Hi, everyone! My name is Mirko and I live in city of Petrovac, in Montenegro. If you are planning to come and visit my country, please, do not hesitate to contact me. I can help with any matter. I have been working with foreigners all my life so I think I understand what are people searching for, doesn't matter do we talk about which beaches to visit, historical monument to see, or maybe Serbian language teacher to recommend. Most of our visitors in the last decade were from Russia, and I can tell you they are no more visitors but citizens of MNE. I hope that we will have tourists again who enjoy our sun and beaches which we have many, especially in Grbalj, Rafailovici...

Hello Mirko! We loved your country when we breezed through in 2013, even the scary rail ride from Bar to Belgrade was exhilarating! Do you know much about the English Language colleges in MNE? I am still very interested in teaching English to adult Montenegran and Serbians - and it doesn't need to be in any of the tourist hotspots either!

Thanks

Mark

I would always recommend plane or car to travel to Belgrade :) Although, good infrastructure is yet to be built, but again it's better. Well, I live in Budva and I can tell you that here we have Oxford center and it is really popular. The following link 4geo.me/c/17592188333309/ gives you couple schools that we have on our Adriatic coast. I know that you can always ask them what are their terms working for them. Small population so small number of school of foreigner languages. But good ones.

Hello everyone,

I just want to remind you that this discussion is about the Introduction of new members in the Montenegro forum!

Kindly please stick to the subject or start a new topic on the forum.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Hi everyone!

I have a plan that I want to work and live in Montenegro. I'm still in high school now and I will study architecture. I want to know about working as an architect in Podgorica (salary, living cost, etc.)

Thank you for all your information!

Best regards,
Ana

Hi
My name is Beth I commented before on this but now I am happy to say i have got a job and will be moving to tivat at the end of June. If anyone know of an apartment to rent around 200 euro a month price let me know . Thanks.

Hi Beth, This is going to be a challenge at this time of the year.
In my opinion your best bet is to find a house mate to share an apartment.
It is virtually impossible to find anything under 300€.
Good luck though!

I am Gary. Retired American, moved to Chiang Mai Thailand in December 2014. Presently planning to move to Budva, Montenegro. Would need some contact--to learn about getting temporary residence visa. Also anyone with experience living Podgorica and Budva.
Gary

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hi, my name is Damian. Me, my wife and our 15 months old son are moving to Podgorica in August and would love to make new friends as fast as possible. We try to learn Serbian as fast as possible,  but in the meantime our English and German have to suffice...

Closed