Playa Coronado Panama Family Connection

Hi there (Hola!)
My Husband and I, along with our two young children, (<1 & 4) are planning a move to Playa Coronado!  I would love to connect with some other young families before we head down.  Our plan is to rent a house for a month while we look for a place to buy.  I run a few businesses in Canada, that I will continue to do from abroad. My husband, a fire fighter and trained Construction Safety officer, will be looking for employment in Panama.

Thanks! Looking forward to connecting with our new "family"!

Hello PANAMOM and welcome on board Expat.com

I invite you to browse the Panama forum to gather some infos to help you in your expatriation. You may drop an advert in our Housing in Panama section of the site to find a nice rental.

Concerning job, you may tell your husband to drop an advert in our Job offers in Panama section

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

PANAMOM wrote:

Hi there (Hola!)
My Husband and I, along with our two young children, (<1 & 4) are planning a move to Playa Coronado!  I would love to connect with some other young families before we head down.  Our plan is to rent a house for a month while we look for a place to buy.  I run a few businesses in Canada, that I will continue to do from abroad. My husband, a fire fighter and trained Construction Safety officer, will be looking for employment in Panama.

Thanks! Looking forward to connecting with our new "family"!

I have no suggestions on how to connect with families, but your entire situation intrigues me. If you care to do so, I like to hear why and how you and your husband selected Panama in general and Playa Corondao in particular instead of, say, more urban and suburban family living in and around Panama City.  Are you planning to just come and go on tourist visa until the requisite investment in real property could be done?

Coronado has an international school.  Maybe you can contact them for information on how to connect with other young families in the area.  www.corointschool.com.  The website has a lot of info, including a contact section.  The Panama For Real blog has an interesting video and written report on Coronado and this is where I saw the school's website.  www.panamaforreal.com.  Also google Coronado International School.