Annulment

baku-kang wrote:

but what if there's non exisitng marriage license when I check with LCR  even if there's a marriage certificate from NSO? how did it happened?

or the License number in the Marriage  Certificate  does not match with the Marriage License  ?

when there is absence of marriage license, the marriage can be nullified. but if it is just irregularity in the issuance of the marriage license, then the marriage is still valid without prejudice to the liability of the officer issuing such invalid or irregular marriage license.

hi can i know a reliable lawyer in cebu that does annulment?

how long does ur take?and how much it cost ypu.thank you sk much for ur help

Hi mia2012 what happened to ur case.annuled knb

Hi everyone,

I am planning to file my annulment in manila. Can someone recommend a good lawyer who can help me to process my annulment.. Preferably expert in family law.

i was married in civil and been separated for almost 8years.. i just want to know if i can be able to get an annulment even if i was married in civil.. how much it will cost if ever and what would be the grounds to file an annulment..

yes, you need to have an annulment if you are civilly wed coz its legally binding. normally, in manila it will cost you six digits but in cebu you find a good lawyer half the cost. the grounds will depend on the circumstances before, during and after your marriage. you may read the family code of the philippines for your reference.

hope this helps.

As far as i know, the most common ground for annulment is psycholocgical incapacity. Yes! You can file an annulment whether you are under civil or church marriage. Cost is 170k-200k

I have a very good lawyer that I can guarantee. I'm saying this  bcos it's based on my experience but we should not also forget all our situation is case to case basis. My annulment moves well and I think my lawyer is a competent lawyer. To be honest he is my second lawyer that I hired. The first one I withdraw the case because of a lot of complications and weak strategy. In God's grace I'm happy to have my second life to start bcos of the help of my lawyer.
My lawyer's name is Atty. Xilex Barroga and his office is at QC.
0917-465-2828
02-414-6840

-his client from Japan

@ Cookish123 > It would be best if you can recommend your lawyer in the business directory > Lawyers in the Philippines please.

Thank you

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi,
Can we get married even the annulment is not done yet? Filed and under process of pre-trial this coming May 2015.
Got my witnesses and No collusion. No apperance of the respondent.
We're planning same year.
Thanks

Hi! You can't get married while on a process of annulment. You have to wait the whole process to be done.

Thanks,.so there's  no chance.😔

Yes! I am on a process of my annulment too.  My atty. Already filed my petition in court and as per my atty. I need to wait for few days for the result which RTC will gonna handle my case. Would you mind to tell me the process/procedure and timeline each procedure.

Hi blue, can i ask you also one thing? my friend has been married for more than 7 years now, but he and his wife have lost contact, communication for 7 years now already, the girl is a japanese, now my friend wants to get married but needs to annul his marriage first, do you think theyll approve his petition quick since they dont really know where his ex wife is right now.. they habe a diborce paper from japan but since philippines dont have divorce, they said the court might not accept it... thank you..

apzadkins86 wrote:

Hi blue, can i ask you also one thing? my friend has been married for more than 7 years now, but he and his wife have lost contact, communication for 7 years now already, the girl is a japanese, now my friend wants to get married but needs to annul his marriage first, do you think theyll approve his petition quick since they dont really know where his ex wife is right now.. they habe a diborce paper from japan but since philippines dont have divorce, they said the court might not accept it... thank you..

yes your fren cn file an annulment. he may even have 3 grounds for such annulment based from what i read from your statement.

Hi everybody, I'm annulled as per the CENOMAR i got from NSO, but the problem is that my ex wife do this without my knowledge, so I don't have any papers of information regarding my annulment, my question is where I can get this court decree or the finality? I tried already in Civil Registry and Hall of Justice where we got married but they don't have any file or information there. Please help.

Marlon

marlonmacha13 wrote:

Hi everybody, I'm annulled as per the CENOMAR i got from NSO, but the problem is that my ex wife do this without my knowledge, so I don't have any papers of information regarding my annulment, my question is where I can get this court decree or the finality? I tried already in Civil Registry and Hall of Justice where we got married but they don't have any file or information there. Please help.

Marlon

go back to NSO and check the document itself and note down what court and who's the judge that issued an order of annulment then hire a lawyer.

hope this helps.

How difficult is it for a woman who has two children from her husband to get an annulment if the husband does not care about the annulment?

if we can find any of the grounds under the law against the husband, you should have no problem at all. :)

professor cebu wrote:

if we can find any of the grounds under the law against the husband, you should have no problem at all. :)

Grounds such as?
Thank you for your help, my friend is going to meet the woman next week.

can you tell me where to find a cheap lawyer in philippines in Batangas to file a case of annulment, how long it takes, is there anyway to do the case without a lawyer, is physical presense of the petitioner is necessary as she works abroad?

adnanexs wrote:

can you tell me where to find a cheap lawyer in philippines in Batangas to file a case of annulment, how long it takes, is there anyway to do the case without a lawyer, is physical presense of the petitioner is necessary as she works abroad?

Using a good lawyer, who can do most of the work etc, you may only need one visit to the Philippines to attend the court.
I know someone who did it that way, and it took about a year.

Without a good lawyer you may need to spend a fair amount of time locally.

Be very careful of Phlippine lawyers. Many are just very obsessed to money and will even blackmail you or fraud you - just be very very careful. Too many cheaters here in the Philippines. You must count your blessings every second you sail through any situation. left and right they are willing to "eat you alive" and even the one who says will help you is not for nothing and usually an hidden agenda behind it.

i have stayed here now for many years and i have traveled in and out to the phiippines countless of times and i know Filipinos very well. Surely i tell you please do not trust easily to ANYONE.even here on this forum or outside of it. If you have already made moves with any lawyer then let us follow up with that lawyer or if not yet we can offer you reliable sincere scam free desirable sincere accredited attorney. Not wanting to just "eat" your money. If you want our SINCERE help please contact MS ANNA at 09993985830. Take care and God Bless

as far as ive known. good lawyers can only be found in Cebu and in Manila. :)

Hi, i am married for almost 11 months. We got married because of a religious issue. I was battered wife since our relationship starts.my husband lives in the house of my parents, with no work for how many months. We fight a lot, and when that happens he always walk out and never comes back for how many days. That's our situation until last year. And i decided to be separated from him. Months past and i thought we're really through. So i met a guy whos much more different from him in all ways. He's not yet my lover but we always took pictures wherever we go with my friends. And 1 day my husband arrive from our house and search my things. He saw some of the pictures. I know that he has the right to be mad. But do he still have the right to come back wherever he like and jump into my life again that seems nothing happened? And now, he want to sue me. I want to fight back with a case but i dont have evidence. What would be the best way?? And would it be easy to file an nullification if we are just married for a few months?? Pls. Answer.

Free415 wrote:

Hi, i am married for almost 11 months. We got married because of a religious issue. I was battered wife since our relationship starts.my husband lives in the house of my parents, with no work for how many months. We fight a lot, and when that happens he always walk out and never comes back for how many days. That's our situation until last year. And i decided to be separated from him. Months past and i thought we're really through. So i met a guy whos much more different from him in all ways. He's not yet my lover but we always took pictures wherever we go with my friends. And 1 day my husband arrive from our house and search my things. He saw some of the pictures. I know that he has the right to be mad. But do he still have the right to come back wherever he like and jump into my life again that seems nothing happened? And now, he want to sue me. I want to fight back with a case but i dont have evidence. What would be the best way?? And would it be easy to file an nullification if we are just married for a few months?? Pls. Answer.

yes, he may come back whenever he likes it because he is your legal spouse unless you are not living in a conjugal house, which means that the owner of the house that you are staying may forbid him to enter. I cant think of any case that he may file against you. pictures are not solid evidence in any action in court unless supported by collaborative evidences. anyways, you can nullify your marriage with him and in fact used ra7610 against him. :) your lawyer knows this one. good luck

Married or not, the house is your PARENTS' home. They clearly have the right to prohibit him from entering, especially since he is beating you. THEY should call the police if he tries to return. Have you considered talking to a lawyer and see if you can obtain a Court Order which would prohibit him from coming near you? If you are being physically abused there must be something the Court can do to protect you.

You need to apply for a Protection Order under Republic Act No. 9262

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/research/P … Orders.pdf

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you for answering. Actually he's not living with me for a few months now.  But if i will file a nullification does it make more easy because we are just married for a few months?? And does it make cheaper? Coz' i have read an article that if married not less than one year. It would be more easy to be separated.. Is that true?

He is planning to file a case againsts me, and i dont have any proof of that beating incident. How can i prove to the court that i was maltreated? I have witnesses but can the court accept that? And i also want to ask if it would be easy to annul the marriage if we are married for a few months only?

Yes, I presume that your parents are the witnesses. Their statement will be sufficient for the Court to issue the Protective Order. Go see a lawyer. He can make the application on your behalf and also advise you about the annulment.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Be careful of hiring a lawyer esp in manila.. My lawyer was so nice and accomodating when we are signing the contract. He promised me that he will do his best to help me. I paid him 200k as a total package fee for my annulment. It's already been 6 months since we signed the contract and until now i am still waiting for collusion investigation.

leavemealone19 wrote:

Be careful of hiring a lawyer esp in manila.. My lawyer was so nice and accomodating when we are signing the contract. He promised me that he will do his best to help me. I paid him 200k as a total package fee for my annulment. It's already been 6 months since we signed the contract and until now i am still waiting for collusion investigation.

i suggest you file it in cebu. more competent and almost half the asking price in manila. :)

It's impossible because we are not residing in cebu.

I am separated with my ex husband almost 5 years now.He is currently living with his girlfriend and I am the one only providing for my 2 kids. Im planning to file an annulment so that I can freely live with my kids. How much it will cost now the process of annulment and how long it will take since we are now 2015, and I heard that the annulment process now is not tough like before..Please give me an advice

please let me know if you found a lawyer?
Thank you for your help

I am a US citizen. I was married in the Philippines and I brought my ex wife to US.
I got a divorce in the US 5 years ago.

Can you please help me get an annulment in the Philippines?
I am disabled and I have a limited income.

Do I have to go to Philippines to get an annulment?

How about recognition of my divorce in US by the Philippines?
Does my ex wife have to go back to the Philippines to do this?
How long does it take to get an annulment ?
thank you

brookdanny2000 wrote:

Thank you for your help

I am a US citizen. I was married in the Philippines and I brought my ex wife to US.

thank you

Your US divorce is recognised everywhere except the Philippines.

You only need to get it recognised in the Philippines, if you are going back there.  Otherwise it is not necessary for you.
The same applies to your ex-wife. But if she needs to get a Philippine annulment, then yes, at some stage she would need to make a personal appearance.

It took over one year for one person that i know to get an Annulment in the Philippines, and she needed to travel back to the Philippines for one appearance at court.

brookdanny2000 wrote:

Thank you for your help

thank you

If you have already a divorce decree from US court, we can have it judicially recognize here in the Philippines. Chances are, you may have a less straneous job to have ur marriage annulled here in the Philippines :D

Hi sir! Been reading your posts. Thank you for sharing all those info. I really have a long list of questions....I need to talk to someone who has experience in these...you seem to be really trustworthy.

Hi, I would love to speak with you. You can email me at [email protected]. You can call me at 310 985 1394. Danny.I am in the US. Where are you?
I am still looking for an attorney in the Philippines.