APS worker taking a package and moving to Nha Trang

Hi all,

I am an APS worker (Aussie Public Service) and about to take a package and planning on shortly moving to Nha Trang with my Vietnamese born wife.   I am in my late 40s and we plan to sit our days out there collecting my pension and just chilling out and taking it easy and enjoying life and using Nha Trang as our base.

By any chance is there anyone else in Nha Trang collecting comsuper and doing the same?

Anyway, we'll be in Nha Trang in 6 weeks time doing some scouting for real estate.  We initially plan to rent for the short term and then buy after we get a feel for the city.  I am not fussed on the tourist areas and would prefer somewhere that is a bit quieter.  I've lived in Asia a few separate times before and have done all the partying i need to do.   

Do any aussies in Nha Trang want to meet up when we are there (early May).  Love to hear your tips, gripes, recommendations and maybe put some faces to some of these names I have been reading on here.

Thanks

gg

I'm outside of group you mentioned but check "Wave" bar every Wednesday and Saturday around 10 p.m. You can also check nhatranghash.com (they are running every Sunday). You will easy find such people. Good luck :)

Hi GG,
Don't be in any hurry to buy anything.  Renting is dirt cheap. Rent for 12 months and then maybe look at buying.   It won't be long before this place is overstocked with condos being built everywhere at the moment.
As for houses, it isn't hard to rent a house for $350 and less a month.  If your out of the tourist area that's the common rate.  it's sweet f^*k all to pay , and your not committed. 

One thing to remember, if you buy a house and you have neighbour trouble, your screwed.  I've known foreigners here that have built nice houses, and the local neighbours get jealous and it's a miserable existence for them.   Better to have the flexibility and mobility on your side.

Headed to Nha Trang next week for a few business meetings. Was there a few weeks ago. Nice place. Anyway, would you happen to know a translator who might be available? - Jason