I got a job offer to work in one of the island resort in Maldives

Hellko guys!

I am a newbie here. I want to ask if you have an idea about the Paradise Island Resort and Spa in Male. I have a job offer there. Is it a good company for overseas workers like me? do you know something about the type of accommodation they offer for their staffs?This would be my first time to work outside of my country, I Hope you could help me with some information. Thank you very much! =)

Hi lovelyzel! I know some people working in paradise and I think paradise is a good resort. Because they are working there for how many years already.  And they like it! So don't hesitate to come and join them. Its a nice resort!

Hi all,

I received a prospective offer here but the salary is a bit low for what they are seeking.  One question I have, can someone explain to me what the "Service Charge" is?  I've not worked for a resort before and I'm unfamiliar with this terminology in an expat package.  Understanding what this is may change the way I view the offer, so I appreciate the responses.

Hi.
nice to know u

mike i want to know some info about accomadation in the resorts which u mentioned up .can u give me some info?i am chinese .now working for doir in maldives .i want to change to resorts .so i really want to know how is life there.
HeO(∩_∩)O~

Hii

please add me in Skype I need some information about Maldives plz my id is parag.gokani (Skype)

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I might decide to work at Coco Bodu Hitu, part of Coco collection properties. I have never been in the Maldives so I do not know what to expect, as I have been reading some bad stories concerning some of the resorts. Do you have any knowledge about this resort in particular and the company who runs the Coco collection. Is it a serious company Do they treat employees fairly? How are the accommodations for the the HODs? Do they offer opportunity of professional growth?

Thank you very much in advance

Milan Giurko

Hi

Hi Babygial, I am offering a job as the position of Sales & marketing Manager at Ayada Maldives. Since you have experience with this. Can you please share a little bit for this Resort?

Good evening frnd,
:cheers:  Congrats first for ur new assignment, most of the resorts provide food and accommodation.
Best of luck  fnd. and welcome to the sunny side of Maldives , really a wonder in the water world

Hello Mr. Joelim!
         Greetings from the Sunny Side!
Ayada is one of the best resort in Maldives. They are on the top when it comes to Staff Accommodation. The people here are very hospitable.They also have the best amenities for their staff. Welcome aboard! :) Best of luck!

Hi there. Guys I need help from anyone here who knows about Hideaway Island. I got a job offer and I just feel afraid after reading some not so news about working in Maldives. I would just like to know how it is really working there.  How they treat foreigners, are they nice and friendly? I have read about you cannot go anywhere. Sharing accommodation, does it mean two of you will share the room or is it more? They comment about it as living in hell and I just cannot believe it .For me Maldives, is one of the best place one should go and experience.

Another question is if I may seek advise for, the employer I have been in contact didn't mention about my papers (like the Overseas Employment Certificate nor my Medical certificate which I believe are the primary requirements, right?)... And I know this is silly to ask,but is it a tax free country?

I want to take the offer, I was just worried about these few things. Please advise.. Thank you all.

Hi Mike,

Can you please share your knowledge about how is it like working in Hideaway Beach? 

I'm a little bit hesitant in pushing through with my application though I already got the job offer. Is the management and staff nice?

Hi Misstin :) < i've been to Hideaway 3 weeks ago, its a 5 star luxury resort and 5 Filipinos are currently working in there now, its about to re open next month, also a nice property, and it is  just very far from Capital City-Male will take something 1 hour by Domestic Flight + 25 Minutes by speedboat, i also visited their Staff area, its quite good and clean. in general Hideaway is really one of the nicest resort i've ever been. about resort life, You should be strong and broad minded just imagine yourself working in an Island, with different nationalities and nowhere to go, but it is also a good thing that you could earn more than working in a city, anyhow, in the resort life there is also complete facilities like staff bars,internet,recreations that could help you overcome boredness . shops you can buy to their nearest habited island.

regarding the OEC procedure, i think the HR knows it. one of my friend will join them this month, i can give you her contact details if you need so.

hope it helps. feel free to ask me anytime. and goodluck to you :).

regards/leen

Hi Leen.. Thank you so much for your response. I thought I would never received any. Your reply gave me such relief.. But still I'm having second thoughts. So you are not working there? Its your friend who is? If its not too much to ask, would you be kind enough to give me his contact details. I would just like to know from him how his papers and all are processed. You said he will be joining next month..

Leen, I dont know you but I just want to share with you that I really want to take the job offer, its just I'm having second thoughts with how my life would turn out to be after that. I'm currently working in a city and you were absolutely right that in a workplace like that, you can really save more. I'm thinking about if discrimination if there is such, security...

Again thank you so much Leen for your helpful response.

No  :), i worked in the city, i just went there for 3 days stay for sales purpose. you can take the job, so far i haven't heard anyone complains in the resort, bec if you are not happy and feel you cant take anymore leaving in the resort you are free to resign and go back to Philippines without any problem,  this is a Muslim free country no one will force you to work if you don't want to, been living here for almost 5 years  and keep on traveling, but i can assure you that Maldives is 70% safe country compare to any destinations in Asia and Ocenia.

There is no place for discrimination here. :) and don't let anyone discriminate you, mostly, Filipinos here are in key positions.

regarding my friend she's in Malaysia now and waiting for her work permit, send me a Private message i can give you her details.

regards/leen

Hi! Good day...
I've recently got an offer for work at Maldives. The position I applied is Villa host. Do you have any idea how is life going there for a possible workers like me? I don't have any idea yet and I'm kinda worried what it's like to work there though I know the place is so nice and it has the most pristine beaches. Well, anyway I wanna know how much usually is the offer for such position? And then I applied through an agency and just yesterday the agency message me that my offer had already arrive. So Im kinda worried....
and then is it okay to work there? What about the people? The culture? Food ??? Will the resort provide everything just in case? Please help me... to get some info...as I wanted to clear the  doubts in my mind. This will be my first time working as an ofw.
thank you.
Any comments is deeply appreciated.

maldivianparadise wrote:

Dear Babygail,

I have been working for some years in the Maldives, and I know basically how every resort works in this part of the planet :)

There are good resorts, where you can really grow as a person, professionaly and personally speaking; others will be a total waste of your time, so you have to be very careful at the time of choosing the right property.

There are also a lot of employees, like you, who decide to change jobs, and move to another resort, once they are here, so keep this in mind in case you´re not happy.

I suggest you to have in written anything they agree/promise you before the arrival, or once at the Male´s Head Office, since I know of several cases where the employees (and I´m talking about managers) were promised some incentives they never got.

The working visa is given by the Government, not by a sponsor, so they won´t cancel your visa in case you decide to work for another resort in the Maldives.

If you would like to know more about the resort you will be working at, send me a message and I´ll try to help you. I know the living conditions in most of them :) (Centara, Huvafenfushi, Reethi Rah, Baros, Island hideaway, Kurumba, Coco Resorts, Jumeirah Vittaveli, Banyan Tree, etc)

Cheers,

Mike

Hi! I have your comment to her thread. Since you mentioned there one of the resorts I applied..may I pleased to know how are they going to tReat workers especially that I recently just received an offer from one of the resort you mentioned. How it's like working with them?

Hello everybody!
Kindly advice, i got an offer letter frim one of resorts. But there is nothing mentioned about service charge, only salary... Should i request to add this point to my offer letter?
How is calculating and paying service charges is it every month or in the end of the year?
Also nothing about accommodation....
And one more company is asking me to buy my ticket, is it normal procedure?
What are the points must to be stated in offer letter by labor law, as well.
I appreciate if you can answer asap.

Thank you,

Hi Faroat,

I guess all the resorts in Maldives pay service charges so definetly they should be mentioned in your offer letter. Basic salary +  service charges.
So better to clarify that point with employer before accepting the offer.
Service charges will be paid monthly.
As for the ticket, usually it's mentioned in contract about the return ticket but nothing about arrival.
I think it depends on the resort will they provide arrival ticket or not, or will they refund you ticket charges upon your arrival.
So better to clarify all these questions.
And one more thing: Don't be in a rush! Ask about everything: accommodation, access to the beach, how many people in the room....
Good luck to you!

Remember to ask about medical insurance cover.

Hello,
Thank you for the reply...
Can you send me a personal mail with your mobile number, and we can chat via whatsapp if you dont mind. I do not able to send personal mails, i dont know why.  I would like to know more about you and resorts as well.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.

Hello Faroat

For you to be able to use your private message system, you need to be active on the forum and avoid copy paste the same messages when sending private messages.

Post relevant content on the forum, share with us some contacts in our directory, just be active and you will benefit from using the private message system ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi there! Any info on "coral edge" resort?  Got an offer to work for them as architect, doing some background check on their company but cannot seem to find any company profile on the Internet.

Thank you...

Hi Everyone,

I just got an offer to work as an Assistant Manager at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. I'm excited, but I wanna know about some things first before accepting the offer. 

I'd like to know the working condition in the resort, like how the employees are treated and things they can do during their free time. Second,  is the USD1,000 basic-pay offer for the position good enough or should I negotiate for a higher rate? Third, I know this resort is pretty far from Male,  but is there any close island that I can go to in case i get bored, or am i pretty stuck in the resort forever? Lastly,  is this a good resort to work at in general?

Hoping to hear from anyone.

Thanks

Hi , do you know what is the average wages for a Guest Relation (Mandarin Speaking) in Maldives?

hi, i got offer to work as chef in Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. I would like to ask what offer they give you by the GM.
-full flight expenses to their resort ?(even transfer 2 or 3 airport)
-they help u apply for visa?
-34days holiday back to hometown with free flight expenses,both way?
-3 meals a day and accommodation.

is that above what they offer you?
i just need to be confirm, so that it is real.

thank you

aprox USD600 basic

correct

Hello Friends,

Can someone please tell me how is JA Manafaru Resort to work for staff? I got a job offer from that resort. Thanks in advance...

[Moderated : No free adverts on the forum for all your adverts please drop in Classifieds and register your services in our directory ]

Hi Guys ,
I got offer in Sheraton Maldives ( sales department - management level )

Anyone know how their accomodation look like ( rooms quality ) ,  is only rooms or there is apartments for managers , quality staff life , facility's provided for staff ,,,,,,,

I know there is no night life but what about social life and staff there ?

What I have to ask them for ??

Thanks

Hello Egy81,

Can you tell us a little bit more?

Did you already found an accommodation?

May be with additional infos you can enlighten members so that they can help.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Any one know about medhoo island raa atoll??!

Hi
I have a job offer from Ayada Maldives and I want to know how is the accomodation there like for the workers cos I saw articles in 2011 about the accomodation is bad so I'm wondering if they changed for the better?

Hi to all
Im new here
I got a job offer from maamigili island ... I have a question about this island is that far from the city..? And please let me know about maldives. I have a lot of question in my mind but first i want to know about maamigili

Thanks

Got a job offer in one of the island resort too. Still could not imagine what to expect. Mixed feelings to leave but excited in the same time.

Pls I got a work permit in maldiive how can I confirm weather the work permit is genuine..thanks..reply me

First you can in which resort and who company repute

Hey guys,

Did anyone work or know anyone who worked in LUX* resort? How is the accommodation there?