Planing to go Singapore

Hi People.

I am planing to move Singapore for shirt term, due to my life partner started to work in there.
I work on IT sales in England.I m from Turkey originally. I would like to ask how hard life in there? and any chance to find part time work in there also part time work will make me earn enough money to smashed in Singapore?

I know question about economy :)

1 more question about paypal. How often people use paypal in shop ?

Culturel question, I do not like because I would like to see culture while i live.

Thanks for advice.

Hi Off_Line,

Singapore is a great place to live, especially if you like clear and efficient public service, good food, endless shopping and huge amounts of people - not so much if you like small prices, solitude, wide open spaces and undisturbed nature.
If you are married to your "partner" and he/she works in Singapore on EP, you will get a DP which allows you to work on LoC (if MoM approves, which is not always the case lately - and LoC holders are usually paid very little).
If you are not married, but in a registered partnership in your home country, you can only get an LTVP, which does not allow work (and if yours is a same sex partnership, getting an LTVP will be a big challenge).
I am not sure what you mean by "to smashed". In case it's about getting drunk of taking drugs, please note that the former is very expensive in Singapore (no matter how much you earn, you'll not want to drink often) and the latter can lead to death penalty, so don't try!
I am not aware of any shop that accepts Paypal - it's usually only used for online payments here.

Beppi, what can you say about advantages to relocate startup to Singapore?

JohnD3000 wrote:

Beppi, what can you say about advantages to relocate startup to Singapore?

There isn't any, I think.
And in case you are want to get a residence or work visa based on having a startup in Singapore: Forget it, it won't work - unless you invest a lot (not just a few tens of thousand dollars!) and hire several locals!

Hi Beppi,

thanks for advice. I am not really desperate with work, I would like ot know just in case. I have checked some visa process, I need to work on it.

For smashing money, mean having a good time :) I understood what you meant as well.

I will see how it will work.

thnks

Beppi, and if we want to join incubator? I think it's more easy.

As far as I know (I might be wrong, though - please check with incubators directly!), any support they can offer is for local startups only. Thus you'd need a local majority owning partner.
And, as I said before, getting a visa that allows you to live and work in Singapore is basically impossible based on your own company (unless you are a really big investor). The only (very small) chance you'd have is via the Entrepass scheme, which you can google.
What do you actually want?

Actually, we wanted to join IncuVest incubator and maybe having team's office here.

I guess you have read their conditions (which I quote below). You basically need to start a new company in Singapore and with a Singaporean majority partner to qualify - moving an existing organisation will not work.
Moreover, you probably need to qualify for the government Technology Incubation Scheme (TIS) to be considered, unless you have a very convincing business plan and make IncuVest believe in your promise even without that.
(And even if your business fulfils all these, you personally may not get a residence and work visa based on being a shareholder - read about the EntrePass!)

Incu Vest requirements:
- We invest in Singapore-based technology companies
- Founders must be based in Singapore with a Singapore company before we will consider your application
- All our investments are seed-stage from S$300k-S$2m

TIS requirements:
- The business must be a registered company in Singapore
- At least one of the founders must be resident and present in Singapore and a citizen, permanent resident or holding a personal employment pass.
- The business must not have previously had any equity investment from Singapore government sources, except in certain cases.
- The business must not be more than 4 years old.

Beppi, thank you for the tips :)

Maybe, it's off-topic a little bit,
I've found several companies that helps in relocation:

- Rikvin (http://www.rikvin.com/)
- Hawksford (http://www.guidemesingapore.com/)
- VisaExpress (http://www.singapore-visa.net/)
- One Visa (http://www.one-visa.com/)

Please give your feedback about this companies :)

Singapore's official procedures are, without exception, efficient, quick and easy to manage. If you need help filling any forms and/or submitting an application, chances are you'll not make it anyway. Thus agencies like Visa Express or One Visa are superfluous!
However, company incorporation service providers like Rikvin or Janus do have a justification if you need a local manager, address or guarantor, which they can provide (for a fee, of course).
Companies like Cartus or KC Dat help with various aspects of relocation, which includes moving household goods, finding housing or language and cultural orientation classes. They are most often engaged by big companies for their employees been sent abroad.

Beppi, thank you again  :)