Salary

Hi,

A school in Erbil is offering me a job for 2500 dollars (net pay); i 'm wondering if this is enough to live decently and save money to travel every 2 months.
I know that accomodations are really expensive.

Hello cécilelemer,

Welcome to Expat-Blog! ;)

You can check this discussion > Cost of living in Iraq – 2015, which can give you an idea on the subject, while waiting for members come with their expertise.

Good luck!

Marjorie  :)

Hi cécilelemer

the salary is enough to have good & decent living in Erbil. but if you want to travel every two months...I am sorry, I dont think it's possible.

regards
Gopal

2500usd is not enough if you rent home here in ERBİL and travelling will got for each person min . 250usd for one person

how is the current situation in Basra?Rumaila oil field?
Is it safe?i got one offer as engineer on 28 days rotation basis?
I have concern about security?how are the callig charges from basra to india?and can we take internet plan for our smart phone?please advise.thanks
?

I am originally from Iraq BASRA is safe and Rumaila oil field turkish company Tekfan and Enka there also near Kuwiet boarder telephone charging cheep from IRAQ to every where and internet is available from the companies I been called by ENI but we couldnot make deal regarding the salary

Dear kopruluoglu,

Thank you for reply.
What should be the salary of piping engineer of 12 yrs exp.there in Basra.It is 28 days rotation offer?please reply

Hi It depends which country you belongs to, but generally this salary is marginable low and could be really  a bit hard to travel every two months as limited flights operates from here and expansive.

Hi,

Im currently working here in Rumaila Basra.
Threat status is very low.
I've been here for 2  years now and 0 terrorist activity since i move here.

Regards,
Vash