Retiring in Gambia

I'm thinking about moving to Gambia. Iv gone to you tube trying if I would see expats talking about living in Gambia There was very little. I was very surprised to see so little about living in Gambia .Honestly speaking Gambia wasn't my first choice  it was Thailand or Malaysia. If I have some questions I just need someone who I can probably contact so I can determine my finally decision. I want to live where the retirement would go very far. I'm 47 and I plan on retiring next year. I will be getting a pension of about 3000 a month. I'm not sure what kind on life style that can get me in Gambia.

abdurrashid What currency is your pension? If it is Euros or dollars or pounds you will be able to live very comfortably. 3000 dalasi is a good monthly salary for a Gambian.

Its in dollors. So gambia is really a pretty nice place?

Hello abdurrashid

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Gambia Forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee

Have you never visited? To consider retirement to somewhere unfamiliar is a little rash. That said it is a lovely place with lovely people.  Although the smallest country it certainly has a very big heart. We have been visiting for 6 years and also looking to retire. So much more to explore.

Hello, 
Hope that you are well.
I am responding to your post about retirement in gambia. Just wondering if you have relocated, and how is it going.

You said that you have 3.000 pension per month. You did not specify whether that is US $, Euro or Indian Rupees. That makes some difference. As for the cost of living in Gambia you can live very well with Euro 3.000 or US $ 3.000. Some items are nearly as expensive as in Europe such as petrol and milk, other things are very cheap such as a nice compound. I have been living now for 6 years in Gambia and I do not like it anymore. I want to sell my compound and move to Uganda.  I have a phantastic compound of 3.500 m2 for only Euro 60.000 including a house, two guesthouses,  two sheds, a complete water and electricity infrastructure, two Lister diesel generators etc. etc. If you want more info contact me at [email protected].

Hello jwpoelen and congrats on your first post on the forum

I invite you to drop an advert in our Housing in Gambia section of the forum for the sales of your compound.

Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com Team