Any ENGINEERS HERE?

Hi Friends,

Please share your experience working as an engineer in the UAE. I'd like to hear about the industry sector you are working and the prospects for jobs in that field. Any advice for early career engineers looking to relocate to the the UAE? How is the experience for women Engineers, especially? How can you compare the oil and gas sector to building and services?  I need insight on these issues, as an Electrical engineer  planning to move to the UAE or Qatar.

Thanks in Advance

I work in power as Maintenance Engineer.

Life as a contractor
1. You will be living in hell as the clients will be squeezing you to meet their project requirements. If possible try to put loop holes in your project specification which might help you in future. ;)
2. Read the project specification 10 times before you make a decision on spending a huge amount in the market and resources.
3. Put everything in black and white and in writing. Do not trust anyone or any offers over phone or bywords.
4. Do not compromise on quality unless you are going to close the project with in few months.
5. Municipality regulation are to be followed even if its not as per international standards.
6. Client is a virtually your boss. Get signature on papers and close the points as soon as possible.

hi ,

um a Marine Engineer and Naval architect , i am working as a Business Development Manger in a Marine and Oil& Gas Co.
its going good but oil and gas industry in my opinion is not like before here...

Mohammedshafit, Wow, I haven't had a reason to laugh the whole of today but your comment got me!!:D So what company do you work for? (Oh, I've noticed you're a contractor, so you got a company there?)  Thanks for the insight on project management though.
Vic

don_myousry wrote:

um a Marine Engineer and Naval architect , i am working as a Business Development Manger in a Marine and Oil& Gas Co.
its going good but oil and gas industry in my opinion is not like before here...

Hi, don_myousry, thanks for the information. What was the situation like, before? Do you have any contacts that I could use to network and see whether my prospects to join the industry will succeed? Been trying but I don't seem to get any feedback (good or bad). Maybe you can advise on this.
Regards

Engineer - from Nigeria?  Are you kidding?

Hi mjrv,
Now, I haven't seen any mention of an Engineer from Nigeria on this thread. I wouldn't be surprised though; why can't we have engineers from Nigeria?

Hello everyone,

@mjrv- Please can you stop generalizing? Why can't there be engineers in Nigeria?

Can you provide information according to the subject please?

Thank you for your comprehension
Yuveshen