Looking for a two bed room apartment in Vientiane

Hi,

I am new to this forum. We are planning to relocate to Vientiane in early May and are in search of a two bed room apartment, will prefer furnished. I tried to find online but the listings are too old and its difficult to get a response from the agents, all response I get from very expensive ones, above 1000$. We are looking in the lower to medium range apartments. Will anybody here be able to suggest some suitable place, or how to find them what will be the likely range, we should be expecting to pay? Also, mostly what amenities and services are generally included in the rent, and how much additional you are supposed to pay for uncovered services. Thank you!

thakurvet wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this forum. We are planning to relocate to Vientiane in early May and are in search of a two bed room apartment, will prefer furnished. I tried to find online but the listings are too old and its difficult to get a response from the agents, all response I get from very expensive ones, above 1000$. We are looking in the lower to medium range apartments. Will anybody here be able to suggest some suitable place, or how to find them what will be the likely range, we should be expecting to pay? Also, mostly what amenities and services are generally included in the rent, and how much additional you are supposed to pay for uncovered services. Thank you!

I would suggest that you try phoning the real estate agents and make an appointment to meet them personally when you have arrived. It is very difficult to make contact via email.  You should check the apartments over before signing anything.

You would be best to make temporary accommodation arrangements for your initial stay here which will give you breathing room to look around.  Plenty of good hotels which will give discounts for long stays.

Check out these agents www.lao-foreignconsultant.comwww.sublet.comwww.worklivelaos.com   they seem to have what you are seeking, sub $1000 prices, and the places are marked as active so must be still available. 

Usually you are responsible for water power gas internet etc. For cost of living try www.numbeo.com or read through the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page.

If you are going to Vientiane for work then perhaps your employer may have some suggestions. 

Hopefully other members will get back to you soon too. 

Good luck

@thakurvet

There is also an expat forum www.findinlao.com which may help as they have a housing section.