Does an ESTA allow me to visit Mexico

Good evening everyone,

I am English and currently holidaying at Huntington Beach (again), visiting family and my cousin has suggested that we visit Tijuana. Irrespective of anyone's personal opinion of Tijuana (that is NOT the issue), I was wondering if my ESTA would cover my visit? I'm only talking about a soccer game and dinner, not a long stay.
I am looking at the www.cbp.gov website........but just can't seem to find the yes or no answer.
Your assistance would be gratefully received,
Thank you 😊
Chuckle-Butty

If you hold a UK passport then you need only produce that to enter Mexico for the purpose of tourism. Your ESTA is only for the USA, so you'd need that only upon initial entry to the USA and re-entry following your trip to Mexico.

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/pa … sa/en.html

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

James wrote:

If you hold a UK passport then you need only produce that to enter Mexico for the purpose of tourism. Your ESTA is only for the USA, so you'd need that only upon initial entry to the USA and re-entry following your trip to Mexico.

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/pa … sa/en.html

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

Hiya James
Thank you so much for your help, as always you have the answers and have put our minds at rest, thank you very much.
Cheers 🍻
C-B

Hello Chuckle-Butty,

Please note that I have move the discussion in the Mexico Forum which is the appropriate one.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Update:

USA border patrol were fine, the information I received from James was spot on - thank you. I had my passport and ESTA ready - border patrol checked my details and asked me questions about my stay in TJ and that was it....we journeyed back to Huntington Beach without incident.

I had a great time in Mexico (the Tijuana Xolos beat Veracruz 3-1), the city of Tijuana is beautiful and the people are welcoming and warm.

Again: thank you James for your expertise and thank you EP for the forum.......

Chuckle Butty

You're quite welcome Chuckle Butty, glad you're a "happy camper," and thanks for your glowing comments.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team