New members of the Afghanistan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Afghanistan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Afghanistan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi & welcome on board Philipedward - a few more words about yourself would be great just as a proper introduction :)

Living in Kabul for the last 2 years.Enjoying the grapes and peach :d .Looking forward to meet people. Working for an INGO.

Hi Everybody, I am supposed to be coming to Afghan to do some work on a USAID project. Never been there before.  Will probably be there for three weeks. The mission is in October-November. The project is in: Kabul, Nangarhar, Balkh, Jawzjan, Kandahar, Badghis, Herat. Guys, talk to me. How is it like, and what should I expect, and do as a first time.

Just need to be aware of security and safety. As you are going on a USAID project you will be briefed about security and accommodation will be in a secure compound.

I worked there for 2 years with Louis Berger Group on USAID road projects.

Find out where you are allowed to go eg supermarket so that you can bring enough stock
Check if the are security risks associated with working with your employer
Bring warm clothes as winter can get pretty harsh
Hala we go to drink chai

Anyone in Afghanistan looking for a business partner? Canadian Citizen, Manage Import Export anywhere in the US China N.Korea

thz for resister me

tariqjabin wrote:

thz for resister me

Welcome to the forum

How can we help you ??

m living in Kabul last 5 years,,so busy with job,,,,

Hey I want an idea on how to get about job in Afghanistan from Nepal. Any contacts or leads? Please share... I am working professional with 7+ years of experience! Please advise!

Hi I'am from Philippines :) I want to come there in Afghanistan because I believe that in there is a very nice place. I have actually met a special someone there that i want to be with him.

Hello all,
I want info on how to get quality job for in Afghanistan from Nepal. There are may Nepali currently a working there, I want to knw how to get there from Nepal..

Thanks i am happy to recive ur message about that i am wish to be iwn thire dar friend

Hi Garuri,

I am Maggy and now 10 days in Afghanistan. I am working with NGO. please link up. I am baseD in Kabul.

Regards

Maggie

Hello,

I got a job Offer from Earnest Young(Pakistan) to work in Afghanistan as Audit Supervisor for a year. I have no idea about the current security situation in Afghanistan, what we see on Media is not very nice.......I m confused on the security & safety issue,Can anyone help pls?? Could u pls let me know how is the situation there?? I m Of Bangladeshi nationality.

Thanks
Imran

Hi everybody,
I'm a South African who is looking to find a new job , I'm in warehousing and transport hold a forklift  and heavy duty truck licence. not sure how to go about finding a position so decided to post a message here and ask for help if any of you know which way to go about it. I'm 60 but feel like a 40 year old and am certainly not afraid of hard work or working in remote or out the ordinary places. I enjoy mountain bike stage racing which keeps me fit and ready for anything. (although I'm not sure if I will be able to ride there)
Would really like to hear from you.
regds
Chris Walden

I have spent sixteen months in Bagram Afghanistan, total five years in WAR ZONES, I can go any where in the world, to any war zone in the world, I am very skilled, and have a good work ethic, and team player, I carry a TN journeyman's plumbing Licensed. I spent three years in Iraq, seven months in Kuwait, and three months in the worst hell hole in Sudan, Africa, Darfur Region..T

Hello!
I´m looking for bottle caps from Afghanistan.
Do you have few for me?

Been around on engineering projects for the past 6 years the experience been great with some breath taking moments ...its abit hard and limited to have grassroots influence and capacity building in any whatsoever way because of the security situation and so on which is quite a disappointment . All in all there is too much diversity and hospitality in this part of the world to be appreciated :)

Hello,

I am one week old in Kabul as Head of Finance Action Aid Afghanistan. I will be happy to make new friends and share ideas as we all live in one community.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,
Welcome to Afghanistan. As I saw that you are head of Finance so it is interesting for me to be in touch with you to share ideas about Finance,because as a profession I have more than ten years of experience with USAID Projects.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum.

Am willing to work at Kabul,  Afghanistan , with USAID as electrician. I have never there before. please help.

Hi all,

Not sure if this thread is still active but I currently live in the UK but am keen to explore jobs in the humanitarian sector working with the UN/INGO's in Afghanistan. There's very little information online and entry points seem to be difficult.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

If looking for work in Afghanistan try the UN website for work there.

I worked there for over 2 years.

Of paramount importance is security and I cannot emphasize this too much. Make sure your employer covers you for full medical insurance including full medivac out of the country.

It is not all beer and skittles there, is stressful and dangerous. Need good, regular out of country breaks.

Check with your Embassy there for security updates and advice.

hello new in town!

any expats in Kabul at the moment?

I would be interested in talking to anyone living in kabul.

Hi
Greeting o f the day

I have been selected in Afganistan international bank project.
I am from india. I need help to know current scenario about safety any other thing.

Thanks
Ashwin

Hello I'm kabir khisraw from Afghanistan ,I studied BE(civil) in India. I'm searching for job ...

Hi ! My name is najwa samadi and i'm from morocco i want to know about how can i go to afghanistan and my plan is getting married there and i want to know how can i go

Please explain in details . how this will work .

Yes i am in Kabul at the moment .
Dunford Jr

we are here contact me

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751252

Thanks!

Closed