Bristol or Brighton

hi,
We are living in south france in the north of Montpellier.
We decided to settle in Bristol or Brighton. In April we are going to go on a trip to prepare our moving in july !
we are so excited and at the same time we ask ourselves many questions !
thanks for your advices about labour market (commercial jobs, catering and hotel business, tourism, call center)   
How takes place the schooling for the French schoolchildren who arrive? my daughter is twelve year
wich are the quiets district of Bristol to live there in family

Hi Fabiocapelo,

Welcome to Expat-Blog!

I have created a new thread from your post in the Bristol Forum, in order to widen your chances interacting with other members and get as much replies to your questions.

Thank you,

Marjorie  :cheers:

I would say that living in Brighton would be the best choice, as its quite an international destination (and closer to France if you run out of things you like to have).

The weather is also much better in Brighton and the surroundings. There are lots of hotels along the south coast of England and Bristol does not have such a good economy as Brighton.

So if you dont find work in Brighton, you have Southampton, Poole, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastbourne, etc. to also try and find a job.

Fabiocapelo wrote:

hi,
We are living in south france in the north of Montpellier.
We decided to settle in Bristol or Brighton. In April we are going to go on a trip to prepare our moving in july !
we are so excited and at the same time we ask ourselves many questions !
thanks for your advices about labour market (commercial jobs, catering and hotel business, tourism, call center)   
How takes place the schooling for the French schoolchildren who arrive? my daughter is twelve year
wich are the quiets district of Bristol to live there in family

Bristol is a wonderful city for families with kids! There are so many things to do in the city and around in the suburbs. Each area regularly has street parties in the summer, lots of play parks and so many coffee shops and restaurants that you will find something for the whole family.

For finding schools for your children; I suggest looking at the local secondary school near to where you are living; contact them and see how they suggest to proceed. She may need some lessons to bring up her English to a high enough level for her to join in the lessons.

Bristol was recently selected as one of the best cities to live in Europe and it is true! On a sunny cold day the city is beautiful with lots of old buildings and green open spaces. There are also many good schools in the area, a wide variety of shops and facilities for families.

Take a look at the Bristol website to see if there are any festivals going on or events that you can join and meet people. But I would start by meeting your neighbours as Bristolians are down to earth and lovely - just good luck with the accent!

Let us know how you get on!