Trying to setup a food Kiosk in Praia, Cape Verde

I am an Indian and living in Praia, Cape Verde. I would like to open a kiosk (not Restaurant) to sell Indian cuisine.
I will appreciate if u answer my queries.
1) what will be the minimum startup cost?
2) Right location in Praia & what would be the rent?
3) Do I need to register?
4) what are the laws & regulations I need to know before opening a food kiosk?

Thanks
Faiz Alam

[Moderated by EB Team: For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum ]

Visit, Casa De CEDADEO at Plateu Top Praia, beside BCA Banco and from the office you will get all information and documentation needed.

Thanks

Hello Faiz Alam

It would be so kind of you if you could share the info if you happen to get the tips on your side first!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

techno.faizalam wrote:

I am an Indian and living in Praia, Cape Verde. I would like to open a kiosk (not Restaurant) to sell Indian cuisine.
I will appreciate if u answer my queries.
1) what will be the minimum startup cost?
2) Right location in Praia & what would be the rent?
3) Do I need to register?
4) what are the laws & regulations I need to know before opening a food kiosk?

Thanks
Faiz Alam

Hi Faiz,

The idea of foreign cuisine in Cape Verde via a kiosque is excellent, but you will need to overcome the fact that Cape Verdeans are not very adventurous when it comes to non-Cape Verdean food. It will take a while for Cape Verdeans to discover and appreciate new varieties of international cuisine. However, there are many non-African foreigners who live in Praia who I personally know would love to have access to Indian cuisine (me included!) Plus there are Africans from the west coast who love spicy food and some who are vegetarians ... Indian cuisine will be an excellent alternative. So you have a good market to work with. You may want to organize a formal survey to guage the interest and to confirm who are likely to be your best clients.

The other part of your idea which is excellent is that you suggest starting with a kiosk instead of immediately opening a restaurant. A kiosk requires a much lower level of investment and would allow you to test the market for receptivity of Indian cuisine.

I've already responded to you privately with further details. I am here to personally assist anyone research and start a successful business enterprise in Cape Verde. There is no charge for my initial advice.

Angelo