Jew looking to move to Qatar

Hello,

This might be a controversial topic, but I'd really like to get some insight on it. I'm an American Jew and I recently got a job offer in Qatar, so I'd like to know how Jews are treated in this country. Would you recommend Qatar for a Jew?

My name is Israel FYI.

Thanks

Politics and religion are always a good/bad reason for a fight.
Sad and unfair as it is, some sections of the Israel population take Jews in general out of the 'top ten most loved groups in the world' list, exactly as Muslim terrorists do to Muslims.

I'd be tempted to keep a lot quiet as to your religious feelings, and lie if anyone asks.
Avoid using your real name, Israel has quite a bad rep in many places. I suspect a change of name in your passport would be quite a hot idea. Is that possible?
That isn't a political statement of any sort, just a fact.

Hi,

Just to a quick and short answer to your question.

As far as I have seen, there is no discrimination based on religion in this country. If you are working in a multinational company with a multinational workforce, you will be just another expat. Qatar is probably one of the safest countries I have ever worked in. You can leave your apartment unlocked and there is a very low probability that someone will enter it and take something from there. So yes, I would recommend you to move to Qatar if you are being paid adequately and if the job you are being offered is something that you would like to do. Don't worry about being a Jew in Qatar. We are all expats in Qatar and we all have the same issues regardless of country of origin, religion or race.