Hey!! i'm mike, moving from canada to cambodia with my puppy!!!

Hey to everyone here, I'm new yes, but you might be hearing from me a lot as im moving to cambodia alone with my dog and my wheelchair. I could really use a friend once i get there because im a big white easy target though my dog does defend me when she needs to, thats why im travelling with her, shes my emotional support dog, i have a military injury that i will never kick and i want to devote the rest of my life helping people. I care not for money. Just a roof for me and my dog, a good amount of ppain killers so that i can be of some assistance to someone. I just really need a friend to teach me the ropes for when i get down there! i hope someone reads this and responds,
my email: [email protected], email me any time. im booking tomorrow after i see a vet to get all my papers in order. I heard theres no problem that a 20$ bill can't fix as long as its small, i heard there should be no problems but as an animal lover, i just want to know that we are safe. Its my biggest concern.
is there anyone out there in cambodia that will be my friend????

hey michael,
when will you arrive cambodia?

hey i bumped in to so much red tape,  it looks like i won't be able to take my dog but my trip is booked and I'm flying out FEB 7th!!! are you already there? I'm going to need a friend really badly cause travelling with my dog seems like its going to be impossible. i think i have to find somewhere settle and then ship her to me, that seems more feasible in case i have to travel and theres no dogs allowed

Why cantyou take your dog,lots of expats btought their dogs with them

If you ship her to you it will me much more expencive as you import her then.some airlibes have no problem that you travel with your dog as long as she has ger internationsl dogpasport and the needed vaccinations and healthcheck

That sucks.  I brought my dog in August from Korea.  The people in Korea gave me a very hard time, but no one even took a second glance when  I arrived in Cambodia.

Mike,  Jeff here.. I'll send you an email within the next 48 hours giving you some words of what I know of (very little :). Just a bit about me for now. Retired U.S. Navy type, widower, was looking for Utopia, came to Cambodia, Siem Reap just this last July (2014). I'll give you my opinion or what little knowledge I have about living here. One key question I have .... Where about in Cambodia are you thinking about? Till later - JEFF

My neighbour brought his dog with him 2 months ago from france.he payed 300€ with gietnam sirlines ir something,was a piece of cake.international dogpasport and health check.all the shots also rAbies and it was done

Hi Jeff,

I am seriously thinking about moving to SR next March or so. I am from Malaysia n still active in all ways.

Would like my know about your experience of living in SR thus far.

Thank you.

Vi
[email protected]

Hi Jeff, This might sound a bit cold, or practical, but If you really want a dog while here, why not find a way to get a bit established and then get another Dog to love from here.  there are many great dogs that need to be rescued also.  In the beginning, you might find having a dog with you a bit containing of your options.  Just a thought.

shes a rednose pitbull i hear they are strict about that in my connecting flights like S.K. and china, but once i settle illl have her shipped out to me, it looks like thats the easiest way, to to travel with but to ship as goods is playing out to be a lot easier

Other airlines dont yave a problem,sk and chi a are assholes with dogs,the only way they like them is on their plate.vietnam or the emirates have no problem,maybe change your flight.

My friends had their dog shipped to Korea, and when it arrived it was in really bad shape, covered in fees and urine and shaking and afraid.  It was supposed to be taken out of the crate a few times and at the transfer, but I don't think it ever was.  They were very upset.  I wonder how much it will cost you.  Good Luck.

Hey Mike,

Its quite easy to make friends over here!!! People are friendly most of the times :) Yes you also have scumbags but hey thats like every where.

you can try to ship your dog with qatar airways i'm gonna bring my cat from belgium with them. I hope everthing is going to work out. I truly hope you can find back your best friend over here once settled in.

The problems with dogs over here is that in the streets you have a lot of dogs without owners and most of the time attack other dogs. So that might be a probleme for your dog.
Also euhm in my neigborhood animals (cats and dogs) disappear. There's a rumor that they get cought and eaten by the vietnamees.

My husband and I are living in Phnom Penh. If you want we can get together when you arrive.

Sheers to ya and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi Viqiong,

Have you come Cambodia? I am from JB.

Mike

it would be worth your while getting in touch with a disability organisation - where were you planning to live? Let me know and I can maybe suggest one.  Human and animal healthcare is very expensive.  There is a good expat vet in Phnom Penh.

Cheers

John

whats up man.. i havent checked this expat site in a while but came across a notification about your posting.

I been to cambodia the last 5 summers and i love it.. i am from brooklyn, NY ...   I forget but which part of cambodia will you be in?

I actually  just purchased my ticket .. I am leaving NYC on June 24th for the whole summer.   You are right about the 20 dollars... the saying there is " no money, no honey"... that goes for the girls too.. .picking up women is mad easy... esp if your white....i am jewish...fyi...

and also small bills... definitely small bills...  interms of medication you can get anything u want from the pharmacies... and its very cheap... so u will be good on that end.....

in terms of finding an apartment... i stay at a guesthouse for a few days and look for an apartment.....
the place i stayed at in the past is called " Rory's Guesthouse".... but now that i think about it... unsure if they have an elevator... i am assuming you need a guesthouse with an elevator???  let me know.

the approx price for taxi fare from the airport to where all the action is... is like 10 - 15 dollars ... thats another thing..at the atm's..  american money comes out... so u dont have to worry about currency exchange...actually in most of the bars/restaurants/ women... all take american money!!!   

whatever questions you got, ask away....
I also have my own driver when i go out there... he is cambodian..really cool.. if you want, i can give you his cell number..he can even pick u up from the airport.... he can help u get a cell phone and whatever else u need...
'
i can give you his cell and/or his facebook so u can email him..-- just giving u options..

unsure if ur coming with an e-visa , business visa???     u can get an evisa online...but we can talk more on that later.

u can email me : [email protected]

glad to help bro!

Ruvane

Hi Ruvanes!
Im planning a trip to Phnon Penh, and was wondering about cambodian money and ATMs etc.. quite surprised that atms give you USD!

Thanks for that info

ruvanes wrote:

whats up man.. i havent checked this expat site in a while but came across a notification about your posting.

I been to cambodia the last 5 summers and i love it.. i am from brooklyn, NY ...   I forget but which part of cambodia will you be in?

I actually  just purchased my ticket .. I am leaving NYC on June 24th for the whole summer.   You are right about the 20 dollars... the saying there is " no money, no honey"... that goes for the girls too.. .picking up women is mad easy... esp if your white....i am jewish...fyi...

and also small bills... definitely small bills...  interms of medication you can get anything u want from the pharmacies... and its very cheap... so u will be good on that end.....

in terms of finding an apartment... i stay at a guesthouse for a few days and look for an apartment.....
the place i stayed at in the past is called " Rory's Guesthouse".... but now that i think about it... unsure if they have an elevator... i am assuming you need a guesthouse with an elevator???  let me know.

the approx price for taxi fare from the airport to where all the action is... is like 10 - 15 dollars ... thats another thing..at the atm's..  american money comes out... so u dont have to worry about currency exchange...actually in most of the bars/restaurants/ women... all take american money!!!   

whatever questions you got, ask away....
I also have my own driver when i go out there... he is cambodian..really cool.. if you want, i can give you his cell number..he can even pick u up from the airport.... he can help u get a cell phone and whatever else u need...
'
i can give you his cell and/or his facebook so u can email him..-- just giving u options..

unsure if ur coming with an e-visa , business visa???     u can get an evisa online...but we can talk more on that later.

u can email me : [email protected]

glad to help bro!

Ruvane

You can get a letter from a doctor for an Emotional Support Animal. Your pet rides in the cabin at NO extra cost. Get the letter and info at the dogtor.org. I got mine.