Getting married in Nepal

Getting married in nepal is this hard? And how is that working, you were able to get married in court even without your documents that you are unmarried in UK. Did you hire a lawyer or only you guys processed the papers and for how long did it take.

I have same question. I don't know from where i can get unmarried paper in my country (mexico) because I'm divorced and not married again. The only thing i have is divorce document.
Is some one knowing that if is possible to marry a Nepali guy whom is unmarried (never married) and me whom is divorced?
Please i need help!

Requirements for court marriage 2013

I got this from my Nepali  Lawer

List of documents required for
court marriage between Nepali national and foreigner national

1.    For Nepalese :
•    Recommendation from the concerned VDC or Municipality that the concerned person is unmarried together with photo in the prescribed unmarried certificate form.
•    Original Citizenship Certificate .

2.    For Foreign national:
•    Copy of valid passport along with Nepali visa.
•    Unmarried Certificate or No Objection Letter from the concerned embassy or government authority of the concerned country confirming that the concerned person is unmarried.
•    Passport Size photo-14/14 copy
•    Proof of stay of the period of at least 15 days in concerned District in Nepal. Such proof may be as follows:
a.    Recommendation from the hotel that the person is staying in the hotel.
b.    Recommendation letter from the concerned VDC or municipality that the person is living there.
•    Shall attain the majority in age in accordance with the prevailing laws.
a.    With consent of guardian- completion of 18 years
b.     Without consent of guardian- completing of 20 years

3.    Witness: at least two (2) witnesses from each side.
4.     Any other documents as DAO requires.

Thank u for all information!
I have only one question. I have right now a letter wich says that I'm UNMARRIED in my country. This is called here "constancia de solteria" in english could be "single proof". Do u know if this document works like NOC document? Bcz I'm asking in every office here in mexico and no one knows about that NOC paper. Here no one had heard about this NOC document. What can i do now?  I appreciate any help in this way. Thank u.

Hi I am Danish and are engaged with a Nepali we are going through the Court process in January 2015. We have been taking with several lawyers to find out what the requirements for a court wedding. this is the result of our studies on the study of Court weddings.

In the  bottom of the message there is a link with English speaking lawyer in Nepal

Court marriage between Nepali national and foreigner national

• Recommendation from the concerned VDC or Municipality that the concerned

person is unmarried together with photo in the prescribed unmarried certificate

• Original Citizenship Certificate .

• Copy of valid passport along with Nepali visa.

• Unmarried Certificate or No Objection Letter from the concerned embassy or

government authority of the concerned country confirming that the concerned

person is unmarried.

• Passport Size photo-14/14 copy

• Proof of stay of the period of at least 15 days in concerned District in Nepal. Such

• Shall attain the majority in age in accordance with the prevailing laws.

proof may be as follows:

a. Recommendation from the hotel that the person is staying in the hotel.

b. Recommendation letter from the concerned VDC or municipality that the

person is living there.

a. With consent of guardian- completion of 18 years

b. Without consent of guardian- completing of 20 years

3. Witness: at least two (2) witnesses from each side.

4. Any other documents as DAO requires.

LIST OF ENGLISH SPEAKING LAWYERS

Hope This Can be a Help to You,

@ Phasone > Thank you for this sharing of information. :)

As you describes it, it sounds like the NOC  you need. Just for you to be sure you can contact a nepali lawer or a lawer at your contry to found out it it is the right paper, As I remember you can also get the document at your embassy.

Hope this will help you

gaundelnarayan

Look at the first topic from me there you will find a link with lawers

[message moderated - no advertising on the forum please]

Greetings All,

I am a mauritian and going to get married with my nepali fiancee soon.Does anyone know the procedures for obtaining a marriage visa? or is there a nepali married to a mauritian around here who has experience as such?

thanks

Hello tashmeet

The best will be for you to go to the immigration office in Port Louis and they will give you the necessary documents to fill and tell you other documents to produce so as to legitimate your marriage.

Are you getting married in Mauritius itself?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

List of documents required for
court marriage between Nepali national and foreigner national

1.    For Nepalese :
•    Recommendation from the concerned VDC or Municipality that the concerned person is unmarried together with photo in the prescribed unmarried certificate form.
•    Original Citizenship Certificate .

2.    For Foreign national:
•    Copy of valid passport along with Nepali visa.
•    Unmarried Certificate or No Objection Letter from the concerned embassy or government authority of the concerned country confirming that the concerned person is unmarried.
•    Passport Size photo-14/14 copy
•    Proof of stay of the period of at least 15 days in concerned District in Nepal. Such proof may be as follows:
a.    Recommendation from the hotel that the person is staying in the hotel.
b.    Recommendation letter from the concerned VDC or municipality that the person is living there.
•    Shall attain the majority in age in accordance with the prevailing laws.
a.    With consent of guardian- completion of 18 years
b.     Without consent of guardian- completing of 20 years

3.    Witness: at least two (2) witnesses from each side.
4.     Any other documents as DAO requires.

Hi! I am a Filipina, currently working in Doha Qatar planning to marry a Nepal Citizen on June 2016. My requirement is to get a certificate of no marriage. How if I will get the papers as early as January 2015 because I can't process on my own because my contract not yet finish. Is the date matter will not affect my requirements

Hi! I am a Filipina, currently working in Doha Qatar planning to marry a Nepal Citizen on June 2016. My requirement is to get a certificate of no marriage. How if I will get the papers as early as January 2015 because I can't process on my own because my contract not yet finish. Is the date matter will not affect my requirements

congratulations

Hi I am Danish and are engaged with a Nepali we are going through the Court process in January 2015. We have been taking with several lawyers to find out what the requirements for a court wedding. this is the result of our studies on the study of Court weddings.

In the  bottom of the message there is a link with English speaking lawyer in Nepal

government authority of the concerned country confirming that the concerned

person is unmarried.

• Proof of stay of the period of at least 15 days in concerned District in Nepal. Such

proof may be as follows:

person is living there.

hello friends
     currently i am struggling with one problem if any one has answer plz give me some suggestion i wanna marry a Pakistani girl in Nepal i am Indian plz suggests me how can i do this or what is Nepali says abut this wedding  what documents need in this wedding or any one have any  LAWYERS number or contact me plz provide me

I really nid a help from u guys.I want 2 get married with my gf in nepal who is from Philippines .what's the requirement needed for my gf?I am coming home this April on vacation and I just have 1month period for my leave.is it possible 2 get married within 1month?I really need information about it please...

Hej I got married in January. We got all the paper work done in 17 days so it is possible to get it don in less than a month, but it demands that you have all the papers ready before hand. And even do you have the paper ready, they will give you problems. It is possible to do the hole process your self, But due to lack of time I will recommend as we did to hire a lawyer special if you a an western. The requirements are simply even do it can be complicated at times. If you want a swift process you need to bribe people to get things done, thats way a recommend a local or a lawyer to help you

We have been taking with several lawyers to find out what the requirements for a court wedding. this is the result of our studies on the study of Court weddings.

government authority of the concerned country confirming that the concerned person is unmarried.

proof may be as follows:

person is living there.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … lators.pdf

First, you will need to get a letter/form from the VDC from your home village that says you may marry. Your bride will need to go to her embassy to get the notarized form that shows she can marry. If either of you were married previously you will need something that shows you are divorced/widowed. Next you can do a court marriage, which will not count toward a marriage visa or CDO/district office, which does. So, basically, you go there with the forms and sign the papers. Then in about 2 weeks they issue the marriage certificate.

I am Egyptian and married unofficially with Egyptian girl in lawyer office in Egypt . we have a certificate ( translated in English ) . our families refused this marriage so we can not register this marriage in Egyptian Government . we will come to Nepal and want to register our marriage . is it possible ? and I want to know the process ? and if any Lawyer can help how much he take to finish all process ? thanks

This requirement may be a problem for you both:

Unmarried Certificate or No Objection Letter from the concerned embassy or government authority of the concerned country confirming that the concerned person is unmarried.

I have got married 3 months ago . My age is 23 and my wife's age is 16+.We both are indian nationals.i need a marriage certificate urgently . But the problem is Indian government does not register marriages of grooms under 21 and brides under 18 of age. our marriage is an arranged marriage. Our parents agreed upon it.

is it possible for us to legalize our marriage in nepal. plz help

Aslaminho - as you say, your Government will not register your marriage - so its pointless trying to get it registered elsewhere, because eventually to live in India as husband and wife, you need the Indian Registration.

The other aspect is to marry anywhere else you will need the consent of your Government via the local Consultate or High Commission.

I live in Saudi Arabia .no need to get legalised in India. If I get any MC I can legalise in saudi.

If I get the consulate letter can I get the MC in sri lanka? Or without the letter?

Mc-marraige certificate

EVERY Indian consulate or high commission in ANY country will refer back to the Indian Law on the marriage of minors (underage persons). The Indian law is the law. It does not change because you are in another location. If you doubt this, then test it where you live now.

I have done my Marriage in Nepal though I am an Indian. My wife is Nepal citizen.

First you have to do a court marriage in katmandu
Then you have to go to an office called CPO

They will issue marriage certificate its all cost me NPR 100000

One advocate help me to do all this

Indian consulate in Nepal will not issue a NOC for Marriage, they will stamp the affidavit from your district court which saying that you are single.

You can have Marriage certificate without this affidavit also but but you have to pay more bribe

Thanks alot Phasone :) I have read all the comment and your post are really make me get strength,I m from Myanmar and trying to get marry in Nepal, my fiancé (Nepali) also trying to find out the way how to marry in Court and he did consultation with one of the lawyer and that lawyer said no way to marry with Myanmar lady :(. We were really hope less. But now I will try the way what you had posted. First I will try to get NOC letter or Non Objection letter from my country due to my Embassy in Nepal will not do any papper work for marriage :( ( my fiancé have been check in there) after that I will come to Nepal with visit visa and follow with other necessary things in CDO office. Hope everything going to process smoothly and I can stay in Nepal too.

Hi
I read your post can you tell me how did you get unmarried papers from nepal since you said you were divorced.. can you please give me some clue cuz i have similar problem like your.
Thank you

On the subject of "Getting married in Nepal", I must confess the matter is totally outside of our field of expertise. However, as an expat having spent so many years of my life in that beloved country, I must share this incredible story with other readers, because it is so unusual - and to me, at least, quite exceptional as well as revealing in the larger sense of the word.
Once upon a time, another expat in Kathmandu - knowing that I was looking to hire qualified and well selected personnel for my small tourism office - highly recommended a nepalese lady in her early thirties to me.
After carefully reviewing  the applicant's curriculum vitae and interviewing her, I gave her a job in our office. No question, this personable lady in her thirties had all the educational pre-requisites and other qualifications we required. Her C.V. showed that she was born in Sindalpuchok, near the Chinese border, date of birth and all that, with marital status:  Married; and all the other information she submitted looked beyond reproach. Besides, she supplied several very good references about her moral character, ethical standing, background etc., which my people all checked out and verified, so no problems on that front.
For the sake of preserving anonymity, and relating what followed, we shall refer to her here simply as "Rita C"
So Rita C worked for us for more than two years, did a good job, was efficient, spoke good english a major asset, and being a good communicator, she was able to work with clients and be of good assistance always on a respectful and fully professional basis.
Then, one day, we unfortunately had to close that little office, so we let go all the staff including Rita C. and gave all staff favorable letters of recommendation so they could seek employment elsewhere.
Time goes by. Then, one day, this nepalese man comes knocking on my door and saying he wanted to talk to me. After informing he was Rita C's ex-husband, I of course received him and listened to what he had to say, which was the following rather unusual anecdote:
This nepalese gentleman had married Rita C in one District and showed me all the photos of her first marriage to her when the girl was about 22.  So far so good.
But then he shows me photos of Rita C in another marriage ceremony in a different District of Nepal and taking the marriage vows with a different man when she was by that time around 28 ...(is that right?)
Then,  he shows me photos of Rita C - his former bride - in yet another District of Nepal and this time taking the vows, this time marrying a North American guy.
In the West, people often get married more than three or four times (with legal divorce in between) but what this man was so upset about was - still all according to HIM - was that Rita C here in Nepal had never bothered to dissolve or divorce legally or otherwise from  him, the first husband; that she had never bothered to officialize or register anywhere her separation or divorce or anything from husband number two - and as for the north american, no dissolving or divorcing or registration of any separation to date either, according to him.
As Rita C had ceased to work for me, little I could do to help the distraught former husband.
But I do find this anecdote quite unbelievable. I have no idea whether this is an isolated incident or more prevalent in Nepal? I referred the gentleman/former husband to the Police authorities.
What to think about marriage in Nepal is a good question when one hears alledgedly true stories of this kind?
I had no reason to doubt the evidence he provided which seemed legitimate enough, but that is about all I can say. All I know is that I shall not forget this weird and for me totally unique  anecdote about marriage in Nepal! It is a well known fact that ever so many men marry and have girlfriends besides, especially those who can afford it......(some of them go abroad to have liaisons, the rich ones) but that is a completely different story. Until this ex-husband related his personal saga and drama to me, I did not know that women (not saying they don't have equal rights...) but I simply did not know that woman/women could do this sort of this in such an UNREGULATED and lackadaisical way? and get away with it. Perhaps I am just a naive person, unaware of nepalese way of life or practices??
I

Hi,

We have handed in all of the required papers for court marriage today. Now we have to wait for 15 days and go back there but  ... I need to bring paper from my side which approves that I have been staying in Kathmandu for at least 15 days.

I have been staying in a private house. House owners agreed to write a recommendation letter approving that I am living here. Not sure how strict they are on this last paper as it is not a hotel where I stay, can't get an official document. They have approved all documentation, we have signed their big red journal and that's about that.

Maybe you have any comments on this? How strict they are on the paper which approves that foreign party has been staying in KTM?

Well, exactly my point.
My visa shows that I have been living here but still they are asking for this weird paper..

I wanted to get married with a Nepali girl and we both are in relation for since 4 years what procedure for that can any one help us

First of all both of the parties have to have a "non objection letter" which approves that none of them is married. For a Nepali citizen - have to visit their ward office to get the letter (for Nepali citizen it requires to have few witnesses with him/her to approve martial status). For foreigners - have to visit their embassy, paper needs to be in English.

Both parties also have to have a document which approves that they are staying in Kathmandu for, at least, 15 days (paper approving tax paid for this stay - either it's hotel, apartment or house, doesn't matter).

When both documents mentioned above are done, you go to CDO office, fill out bunch of forms. 10 passport photos needed for both, copies of passport, citizenship card and for foreigners copy of last visa.

After 16 days you have to go to CDO once again with 8 witnesses to sign final papers (it took few hours to finalise whole thing, never ending stamps, signatures etc)

Great replies, but just one note about if you must be in Nepal for 30 days I don't think you should try to get around this rule if this is right. You have to have your visa copy which will show how long you were here. They are cracking down on corruption, so I'd really try to do things properly. I know in days past you could get away with just about anything, but I wouldn't count on it anymore.

They were very strict on this rule, they did not accept all other documents until we brought a paper which approves we have paid tax for the hotel.
And they don't care that visa states that you have been in Nepal for a longer period of time. Tax have to be paid for staying anywhere.

Oh, and forgot to mention that they even asked citizenship copies of all the witnesses..

Hello Im from UK! I got married in Nepal last year! To get married abroad I had to register the marriage at my local registry office  and 3 -4 weeks later I got a certicate allowing me to get married! My husband and I had a court marriage at the local district office near to where he lives!

am trying to get marry Nepal lady but the court ask , single paper anyone can help me plsss