Location of Nabong Campus

I will be relocating to Vientiane in early May and will likely stay at Faculty of Agriculture, Nabong Campus. I tried to locate this location on Google map, however I could only find the Dongdok Campus. I have been in contact with schools and they are saying Nabong campus is located together with DOngdok campus, while others have mentioned that its 25km away. Does any one have some idea regarding the actual location of Nabong campus and how far it is from the capital? Thank you!

thakurvet wrote:

I will be relocating to Vientiane in early May and will likely stay at Faculty of Agriculture, Nabong Campus. I tried to locate this location on Google map, however I could only find the Dongdok Campus. I have been in contact with schools and they are saying Nabong campus is located together with DOngdok campus, while others have mentioned that its 25km away. Does any one have some idea regarding the actual location of Nabong campus and how far it is from the capital? Thank you!

I have answered your PM about this

Hi .Thakurvet
My wife and I lived at the Nabong campus for nine months over a two year period as volunteers for Vets w/o Borders. The campus is a half hour from Vientiane on the Rte. 13S. At Km. 24 turn left and follow to the T-junction( about 6 km.) and turn right to the next T ( about 2 km).- and turn left and at the next T you are looking at the Ag. college. If you look on a map the Nam Ngum River runs right past the campus. The closest villages  are called Som Sa Mai and Pak Sap Mai. We rented a 125 Honda from a shop on Th Fa Ngoum in old downtown, for getting around and it was great! If you are going to be there for a year or more it is better to buy a new bike and sell it  when you leave. A car is nicer for when you travel but expensive unless you happen on a good used deal.
Plan to spend a week or two in a hotel so you can find a good place to live. There is a nice hotel called the Vayakorn that is not expensive right in the heart of downtown. There is also a nice lodge off rte.13 at km 21 called the Rivertime Resort also not to expensive and close to NUOL( this is what everyone in the neighborhood calls the campus at Nabong.. It did have pretty good signage and is right on the Nam Ngum river. We really loved it there and would love to return someday. Hope you have a great experience. Cheers, Thom Drew
PS If you have any questions, feel free to ask.