Moving from uk to Algiers???

Hi I am currently in the uk living with my algerian fiancé of two years we are wanting to move to algeria as he had a house there etc and he feels we would have a better life there as he has his own house,money there etc. I have a daughter from my previous marriage who he treats as his own,is anyone else in the same position that can advise?

yes the life is much better in algeria no taxes warmth hot
fresh fruit and fresh veg
buttttttttttttttttttttt
here in uk you are safe
in algeria no  o
no body is safe lot of agression lot of steal
but sword by knif
police they have no power like uk
if you walk alone in market they will drague you
dont say all algerian is good
ther is lot of bad people
other culture than here

Hi I was just in Algiers a week ago and I have to tell you I loved it! I wouldn't mind living there with my Algerian husband. And for one I have never seen anyone get dragged there in the streets or any aggression like what slimdjebabera is talking about. I am sure there is crime but like any where else you will get that...My advise is to trust your husband Algiers is awesome!

you're welcome,,you'll not believe how people is friendly

Hi Katie...I live in Algiers,since 2003....there are lots of us westerners here...great place to live..pm me for more info...btw I'm origionally from Lancashire....xx

Hi Dear,

Sorry for the late reply, i am very happy to assist your lovely family with any support and assistance if you wish to move to Algeria.
I am British Origin from Algiers and my wife is from the US we have 3 kids, we move to Algeria Last year.
I believe there is pros and cons everywhere in the world, but the most important in life is to live a happy and decent life far away from the pressure,
I am quite happy, the wife and the kids are happy, i am surrounded with great people, my wife meets reverts on a weekly or monthly basis, we male meet very often.
I am not sure what are you looking for but please do not hesitate to contact me you or your husband if you do require any further information
Best Regards

Wonder if I know your wife Sleham 1,if you live in Algiers? Always great to meet another Muslim ex-pat InshAllah....

Asalam Sister.
yes we live in algiers ( ouled Fayet) you may know her, she does attend couple of a monthly halaqa
salam

May I ask her name,maybe in a pm...is she on here? I live in Hydra...does she attend the monthly meetings ?

Hi there. I just moved to Algeria from UK. Would love to make new friends.

Salam. I just moved from UK to Algiers to live with my husband. I would love to meet new friends, especially muslim reverts. Thank you so much.

I am a revert muslim expat. Would love to meet other reverts. Just moved to Algiers

hi !!!! we are also moving to Algeria in December
and would like meet new friends   :cheers:

You are welcome

@sistersue hi do you still live in Algeria?

Thank you

Hello sarahlameche,

Welcome to expat.com!

sistersue's message is from 2014 and she is also no longer active on the forum.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them by creating a new discussion on the Algiers forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team