Moving to Slovenia - is it difficult to find jobs?

Hello everyone!

I am willing to move to Slovenia . I am currently studying in Latvia and I plan change my university.I want to know about the living in Slovenia, job opportunities? Is it difficult to find a job for student(Asians)? What kind of job available for student?

Guide me!

Dinesh.

Hi Dinesh,

I'm not sure if you've moved to Slovenia already, but I should warn you that the current economic situation in Slovenia is quite bad. It is very difficult to find a job here unless you speak fluent Slovenian. Jobs for expats usually include teaching a language (usually English, German or French native). Jobs for students are paid about €4 per hour on the 'student job' system. Working any other way is taxed at 40% on an 'Author's contract',  which is pretty much the only contract you can get as an expat unless you become an SP (sole proprietor) which means you pay around 20% tax, but are also obligated to pay €330 per month regardless of whether you earn €0 or €1000 per month. Not good. I'd recommend Austria or elsewhere.

Good luck!
Amanda

Hey Dinesh,

I can second the Amanda's opinion. I moved here a month ago and haven't had even a smell of a job yet. I've applied to pretty much every language school in the city, put up posters, advertised online etc. It's very very difficult at the moment as the employment situation is dire. Not to discourage you or anything but that's just been my experience so far. Best of luck anyway!