Planning to retire to Swakopmund - anybody would share the procedures?

Hallo Everybody,
my wife and I live in Cape Town where I work as a police officer. I am planning to retire in the foreseeable future (next 3 years) and contemplates moving to Swakopmund then. Neither my wife nor I or any of our parents were born in Namibia or lived there before. 
I visited the Namibian Consulate today and was interviewed by a gentleman who advised me to rather visit the Namibian Home Affairs office in Walvisbaai to obtain the forms we would need to launch an application for residence. This, according to him is because the requirements change so often that the consulate is not in a position to supply people like us with what we would need to launch an application. He also did not want to supply me with an email address or any other address because it would "serve no purpose".
He did mention that the Namibian government is not against South African immigrants and that we should not have a problem being accepted.
Can anybody be of assistance by giving me direction, supply me with the required forms, give me advice or any other help we need to get the process going?
It will be appreciated dearly.
Regards,
Willem

Hello Willem and welcome on board Expat.com

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Namibia forum to help you get better interactions and thus advices to prepare your expatriation project.

While waiting for some reponses, please browse through our Formalities in Namibia section of the forum

This might help you gather some useful infos.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Willem - did you get any further with your retirement plans? my husband and I are also thinking of retiring to namibia, but have no family connections - we are both over 60 and want to retire without working - all the info I get is about working visas. any suggestions for us? thank you. esna&bilie stadler.

Yes would like to retire in Swakopmund and maybe buy a small home.

Hi. Did you ever get any info on retiring to Namibia?