What is happening at La Ceiba Beach club these days?

I was really close to going down to Honduras about 6 months ago and buying a place at LCBC.  Anything new down there?  I heard a rumor they were going to build some condos did that happen or just beach houses?  I still think they have the nicest houses in the area.  The other developments look like low cost housing.  This might sound lame but I have one of the houses as my wallpaper on my phone.  The 2 story with the roof top terrace right on the beach.  The economy sucks in Canada right now so maybe I will have to buy a house jus off the beach but that would be settling.  If I get divorced I thing that's where I will end up.  Beach and cheap living and I can still get a pizza and a bucket of chicken.  Does anybody know if they have Canadian brands of beer there?

No condos at this time. More bungalows coming soon for people not needing a large beach house. Very affordable too !!

I have not found any Canadian beer in La Ceiba. I did find Canadian in Tegucigalpa but it tasted like it had been sitting on the shelf for a long time. I really enjoy Salva Vida for my beer of choice down here. It is relatively inexpensive at $1 CDN a can. There has been some activity as far as new homes being built. There is one completed in Phase 5, one almost completed in Phase 5 and a renovation/build of an old farm house also in Phase 5. The land sales at LCBC have also picked up some. My sister and brother in law bought beachfront land in Phase 4. We also had a couple from Texas in Phase 1 with us last week. They are either purchasing one of the existing homes in Phase 1 or possibly one or two of the resale lots also located in Phase 1.

GVHCDN wrote:

I have not found any Canadian beer in La Ceiba. I did find Canadian in Tegucigalpa but it tasted like it had been sitting on the shelf for a long time. I really enjoy Salva Vida for my beer of choice down here. It is relatively inexpensive at $1 CDN a can. There has been some activity as far as new homes being built. There is one completed in Phase 5, one almost completed in Phase 5 and a renovation/build of an old farm house also in Phase 5. The land sales at LCBC have also picked up some. My sister and brother in law bought beachfront land in Phase 4. We also had a couple from Texas in Phase 1 with us last week. They are either purchasing one of the existing homes in Phase 1 or possibly one or two of the resale lots also located in Phase 1.

How much are the resale lots?  What the heck did these people put a down payment then walk?

honduraschris wrote:

No condos at this time. More bungalows coming soon for people not needing a large beach house. Very affordable too !!

That makes sense most people seem to be retired people a couple or a single.

Do they have delivery people around Le Ceiba?  Would be cool to have your groceries delivered and a boat or Seadoo rental delivered for something to do.

There are delivery people.
Some people want a simple investment. So, they purchase land and place it back on the market a few years out

Not walking away just bought years ago and looking to make a few bucks. There are people that just simply invest in the land. Some had ideas to build and have changed their plans and others are just looking to sell. There are four resale lots in Phase 1, two are beachfront roughly 50' wide X 75' deep with an asking price of $50000 USD and the same guy has two beachview lots behind his beachfront. The beachview lots are a little irregular in shape but connect to the beachview. One beachview is 40000 the other 30000. Delivery people yes but renting seadoos is almost out. I have only been here three months and have not looked very hard for them. You likely can find one for rent but no idea the cost. There are a few people that own seadoos one in Phase 1. Not sure if he would rent it out. It has four hours on it, none here and it is a 2006 GTX Supercharged so 215 horse.

GVHCDN wrote:

Not walking away just bought years ago and looking to make a few bucks. There are people that just simply invest in the land. Some had ideas to build and have changed their plans and others are just looking to sell. There are four resale lots in Phase 1, two are beachfront roughly 50' wide X 75' deep with an asking price of $50000 USD and the same guy has two beachview lots behind his beachfront. The beachview lots are a little irregular in shape but connect to the beachview. One beachview is 40000 the other 30000. Delivery people yes but renting seadoos is almost out. I have only been here three months and have not looked very hard for them. You likely can find one for rent but no idea the cost. There are a few people that own seadoos one in Phase 1. Not sure if he would rent it out. It has four hours on it, none here and it is a 2006 GTX Supercharged so 215 horse.

Nice a 3 seater extra stable in the rough water.  You can waterski behind that one.  4 hours on it WTH?  What else do you guys do around there besides the zip lines, hiking, white water rafting?  Anything way different than what we do in Canada and the USA.

Ya nothing that requires snow! The islands off the coast are quite beautiful and are fantastic for scuba snorkeling fishing etc. the seadoo was brought down when it was new by an older owner and they just never used it. I tried to get a number off him to buy it but I know what it cost him plus shipping it here. Crazy money like almost 20K CDN. Likely a cheaper way to go but he is the kind of guy that just wanted it here and got it here at whatever the cost. Nothing really different although driving with the people here is always an adventure. Pot hole surfing, guys on bicycles carrying 20' pvc pipe, anything you could likely imagine for transporting via bicycle or scooter. The mountains are close, the parks up there and the scenery is very cool. Excellent restaurants, great people both local and the canadian and american vacationers with homes here. It is by far the best bang for your buck. As the country develops more, the coastline is getting eaten up by developers and land speculators. I dont know how long the low prices are going to last but in another couple years, I think everything is going to double. Just my opinion but...

When you purchase make sure you have all in writting and make sure you are totaly sastisfied before paying in full

sasha8012 wrote:

When you purchase make sure you have all in writting and make sure you are totaly sastisfied before paying in full

Is your house still for sale if it was your house I was thinking of?  If it is what is your price?  Any wiggle room on the price?

Absolutely correct sasha8012. Also know and understand your HOA fees. Nobody wants or needs a surprise payment.

65 thousand bottom line fully furnished and well looked after plus you pay the cost of the lawyer transaction or were just going to keep it for family and friends

sasha8012 wrote:

65 thousand bottom line fully furnished and well looked after plus you pay the cost of the lawyer transaction or were just going to keep it for family and friends

I'm your friend if I end up down there could you rent it out to me and for how much a night say for 3 nights?