Language and work.

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to get a job in marketing / advertising in Belgium if you cant speak Flemish or French? I'm planning to learn Flemish as it is very close to my home language. I'm an Art Director so I work in the creative side.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I imagine it would be very difficult as Flemish is more important than you would initially think, even in politically french speaking (in my opinion) Brussels.  I speak and can work with French yet without Flemish getting a job in Belgium - even part-time - is tough.   
Marketing, I imagine, would be an area that would require dealing with businesses who work through Flemish even if they also use French and English.
Still, you should always try as you never know : )   In the meanwhile, get cracking on your French and Flemish!!

12M, I hope my response was of some help.

12M wrote:

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to get a job in marketing / advertising in Belgium if you cant speak Flemish or French?

Without at least Flemish or French it's not possible. A lot of people in Belgium that are French-speakers don't have a job because they don't speak very well Flemish. Even if they have a fluent English. Brussels : FR+NL !