Need suggestions ..

Hello

I got a job offer from GIMS school Jakarta. I don't know anything about the place , school, about the country and feeling very insecure to join. Can anyone suggest me anything?
I live in new Delhi , india a very posh metropolitan city. Please tell me negative nd positive aspects of moving there...totally confused...

Hi,

I have been in Jakarta few years, and I dont find any specific problem other than traffic.The only thing I will suggest to look is the salary. If its too low, will suggest not to come.

Souvik

Thanks souvik for ur reply.... Wat is the avg sal people r earning there in USD?
Other thing I HV to think about my husband also...as he is from hotel management background.. I don't know whtr he will get a job or ...? After reading too many blogs and forums regarding job search I'm more confused..but all dat replies r of  2012 Max....
Pls share ur views may b it can help me...

Regards
Abha

Hi abha,

Jakarta is not so cheap for expats..and there might be problem in getting JOB for your husband too due to KITAS issues these days...
GIMS is in Kebayoran area which is nice place to leave and many indian societies near by like Suntur where you can easily get Indian groceries. For avg monthly (2 Adults + 1-2 Kids):
800USD for Home
800USD for Groceries,Water, Electricity
200-300 USD - Few Near by outings/Movies
School Fees and Hospital - I am assuming covered by your company

Hi rahbansal...

Thanks for ur reply.... I'm going to reside at the same place...second my school is giving accommodation +utility bills except fooding...
I don't HV kids too...
The only thing after coming there is to worry about my spouse's job as we want to live together not in different countries....
By the way Wats dat KITAS? Y its difficult in DAT case ...can he come on tourist visa to stay with me and find jobs or I can do anything before he comes ???

Regards
Abha Seth

KITAS is work permit required from Indonesian government before starting JOB...on tourist visa he cannot do any JOB!!!! Btw, in which sector is he?

You can also PM me for any query

rahbansal wrote:

KITAS is work permit required from Indonesian government before starting JOB...on tourist visa he cannot do any JOB!!!! Btw, in which sector is he?

You can also PM me for any query

KITAS is a limited stay permit a work permit is called IMTA. You can get a KITAS if your spouse has one but it does not allow you to work.

If OP got a job offer from the school she should clarify whether or not they also provide the work permit with the KITAS.

Hi rahbansal,,,,

Yes DAT I know he can't work on tourist visa but he can find a job for himself correct!! He is in hospitality sector.. He has done his hotel management degree...

Wat do u think abt the opportunities in the same sector in Jakarta??

From my school I'm getting 2 yrs working contract but I don't know which type of visa they r giving moreover I'm not DAT much aware too its there headache but yes I HV to think for my husband ..

Can I sponsor him to come and join the work if he get so....??
Regards,
Abha

Hello
im from indonesia. Indonesia is a nice country.  I think itsa great opportunity since many tourism placein indonesia.
Jakarta is nice,just traffic jam alot during morning anda afternoon, because of people go to work and go back from work. And many indian people in jakarta, i saw many indian people especially in kemayoran area.

Abha, if you get 2 years work contract you must make sure that the school provide the work permit. Without it you can not legally work and take the risk of paying a heavy fine and enjoy a prison term up to 5 years if get caught.

You can not sponsor your husband to come and work.....

Yes they r giving work permit....in kitas type of visa how long a person can stay?? Is it a kind of dependent visa for a short term ???

The employer should provide the work permit (IMTA) and visa. The KITAS (visa card) is commonly valid for one year.
It is most important you confirm this with your employer.
There could be serious problems for you if they don't do as required by law.

Assuming you're legally married, a KITAS for your spouse should be no serious issue, but make sure you have all your documents with you. The company will normally arrange this when they do your visa, but you might well have to pay the fees of about $100. All depends on your employer.
That cost excludes any fees for an agent your employer may use.

If your spouse has skills difficult to find in Indonesia, he could also get legal work.
He can't work in any job that Indonesians can do.
Should he find legal work, he must get the IMTA and change his KITAS to one sponsored by his company.
When you move in to your house, you must also get an SKTT. Cheap, and usually easy to get, starting with your local village head.

rahbansal wrote:

Hi abha,

Jakarta is not so cheap for expats..

800USD for Home
800USD for Groceries,Water, Electricity
200-300 USD - Few Near by outings/Movies
School Fees and Hospital - I am assuming covered by your company

Wild number there.
Living costs are down to lifestyle. Yes, some expats go wild, but there is no reason you have to spend that sort of money. Most locals live on $300 per month and, whilst that's allows a simple lifestyle, you can easily live well on $800.
Most of our food shopping is from local markets, so we spend very little.
The cinema will cost you about $30/couple, including snacks.
My electricity bill is about $70/month

Hi Fred,

Ur scaring me seriously... It was mentioned on my appointment letter DAT my company will provide visa with work permit...

Once I will come there and start working then what I have to do according to u so that my husband can stay with me...because my company is not providing my husband's visa..

This facility is available in other condition like if husband will get the job wife's and children's visa company will give..but not in my case so pls advise what should I do..?

As Fred explained before if you get a work permit and the KITAS from the school then your husband will be able to get a KITAS (limited stay permit) as well as long you are legally married.

Usually the company is also taking care of it as part of the package they offering you so no problem that he can stay with you but bear in mind on a dependent KITAS your husband is not allowed to work.

abha seth wrote:

Hi Fred,

Ur scaring me seriously... It was mentioned on my appointment letter DAT my company will provide visa with work permit...

Once I will come there and start working then what I have to do according to u so that my husband can stay with me...because my company is not providing my husband's visa..

No need to be scared.
The process is messy for those unused to it, but companies will have little problem.
Ask them to arrange your husband's KITAS, noting you will pay for it.

The whole thing, including photos is less than $100. This may increase if they use an agent.
I'd call your local Indonesian embassy and check out with them.

Thanks Fred for lots of information... I will ask my company to arrange the same for him...as you said if one person is having KITAS then it will not a problem for a spouse to get the same ...??
On KITAS Max duration of stay is ??

"It was mentioned on my letter that wife will get all the facilities except visa for husband and children..."

According to u I have cross check the same visa here means what?? A KITAS or anything else?

Obviously it's still not clear what you will get.

Did they point out clearly that you will get a work permit and a KITAS ?

Yes its mentioned that they will give work permit clearly in a separate point but nothing about KITAS....

abha seth wrote:

Yes its mentioned that they will give work permit clearly in a separate point but nothing about KITAS....

Then you will also get a KITAS.

A work permit you can only get in connection to a KITAS, with any other visa you will not get a work permit.

If I will get KITAS nd work permit then there is a chance I can obtain my spouse's KITAS ?? (Yes I'm legally married according to Indian laws, having marriage certificate also)

One more thing its mentioned in a contract letter that: "if we brought our spouse and he acquired a job in a country then we have to submit a copy of his KITAS in the accounts office ! " What I can assume it means they won't give or help me to obtain my spouse's KITAS?

:-(

Once you obtain a work permit and KITAS your husband is also entitled to get a KITAS (no work permit !!)

The second paragraph I can not comment since I don't know what it suppose to mean.

When actually is the starting point of your job in here, what is status of arranging your work permit?

Confirming the above.
If you have a work permit and KITAS (normally valid for 12 months), a spouse KITAS should be simple.
As HH rightly said, absolutely no work is allowed  for the spouse, but there's nothing stopping him looking for work whilst here on a spouse ITAS.
If he should find it, his employer would have to get a separate work permit and KITAS for him.

Thanks for a valuable information ... :)