Top 5 tips to live in Kosovo

Hi,

When you are going to live abroad, you may have a lot of questions. Hence to facilitate you in this process, we are inviting expats to share their top 5 tips with regards to settling and living in Kosovo.

What recommendations would you give soon-to-be expats in Kosovo?

How should they prepare efficiently for their expatriation project and settling in?

Please share with us your best advice for a successful expatriation in Kosovo!

Thank you in advance :)

In some parts of Pristine water turns off at around 10. I don't know if that has changed as where I bought my apartment near the hospital it has 24 hour water. In the winter it can get quite cold with snow and ice more the norm than not. Kosovo is improving in a lot of areas but roads doesn't seem to be one of them. Dodging pot holes is a favorite past time as they get bigger. But it is a fun place and movie theaters and just about all items you would need to live. Thank God you will not find a walmart here or some other big dept stores like the US has. But like I said it is fun here and I haven't had a problem in 3 years.

Advice dont come here expecting everyone to be in a hurry. People here like the machiato and hanging at the corner and talking. Alot of people speak English so you shouldn't have a problem among the younger generation. Most of the older generation do not, or have limited ability.

Other than that this is a good base to go traveling around.