How long did your visa and work permit take for you?

Hi Guys

I just have a question in regards to the temporary residency visa and work permit for Vanuatu

I just wanted to ask any expat on how long it took for you to get these approved etc?

Im currently in Australia and received a job in Port Vila. I received the paper work for the residency visa / work permit / medical questionnaire etc, but just wanted to know how long it took for you to hear back from them ?

Any information would be great.

Thank you
:)

I would be hesitant to try and do the paperwork yourself. I would recommend you find a local to shepherd the process for you. It's not very expensive and will save you a ton of headaches.

Randy

Hi Randy

Thanks so much for your response, really appreciate it. Only thing is I've got a job over there and they are paying for the visa and work permit so They have sent all the paperwork to me, then they will submit it through. So I Dont think I can use another company as I would have to pay

The average for residency is 12 days but if your employer goes into Immigration and chats with the people there they are usually happy to help out and make sure it is done as fast as possible :)
You will get your approval letter and will need to show it at the airport on arrival to get your residency visa stamped into your passport.  If you are already here you will need to fly out and fly back in to get the stamp.

Hey there, thanks so much! I've got the residency visa all sorted, but I read the work permit form and it's saying It can take 4-6 weeks so wasn't sure, but guess it's a waiting game lol
Hope your doing well!

My understanding was that you get residency either with or without the right to work, at least that is how it is written on my residency pass.  Sorry haven't heard of it being two separate things as mine was done as one application and was based on the VIPA application determining that a residency visa was required for me to work within the business (and only the business that is written on the residency pass is allowed). 
We are well thanks :)  Hope you are getting excited about the move over!

Oh I see what you mean, that must have been easier ! I wonder if it has anything to do with getting sponsored by the company or what not. Hopefully it's all sorted lol!
That's good! Very excited, can't wait to get overseas. Will message you when I get there!

Hello Emma!

Was just wondering if you got your visa and work permit already? Would really like to hear some updates from you. Hope everything's well and you're doing good!

I am also waiting for my visa, it's been a little over 2 months now and I still have not received my visa. I was also told it will take 45 days but it's actually more than that now, I keep following up and still haven't heard word yet. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon as I'm excited to move to Vanuatu! :)

Cheers,