Hello

I am moving to Russia in 6 months.  Do you guys have any advice for first time travelers in Russia?

I can tell you about travel in Russia, can meet in airport, help in finding hotel,be interpreter-if you will pay me.

Hi)To wich city r u moving?

I'll be moving to Kazan.  I hear its a really nice city :).

It's trueth , my congratulations , it's a really nice city as I heart. By the way, if u r going to visit Moscow, let me know, I'll introduce u with the city ;)

Best
Azat

Hi CrysDavis, what kind of advice are you looking for ? Kazan is one of the wealthiest regions in Russia and it is approx. 700km away from Moscow. If you would like to know the cost of living, its cheaper on apartment rentals and transportation compared to Moscow.

I was curious on how to get a driver's license and buying a car in Kazan.  I'm bringing my family with me and it would be nice to be able to get around there.

CrysDavis wrote:

I was curious on how to get a driver's license and buying a car in Kazan.  I'm bringing my family with me and it would be nice to be able to get around there.

Hi CrysDavis, If you have your national license, it can be translated and notarized and used. That's how I use my driver's license and its acceptable. To buy a used vehicle, its very simple and if the language is barrier I can help you. The used cars are now cheaper here than importing. What kind of vehicle are you looking for ?

I'm looking for a 5-6 sitter SUV.  Can you recommend any brands I should look for while I'm there?