How to import of car and how much it costs?

hi everyone, ive seen some posts here about this and i can imagine the "crap" one has to deal with to get this done but how have people found this process? And, which site can you go on to see how much it will cost to import the car..im sure there must be one..thx..multumesc

Hello clujaholic and welcome on board

Hope that members could help you out on this query soon enough ;)

You may read some threads in our Car and Transportation in Romania section of the forum to gather some useful infos.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi
We gave up on importing our car from Britain - registering it Romanian. We got the mandatory ITP  test done,sorted out a Romanian log book sorted out possible insurance then found out that the pollution charge was 1800 euro plus an extra 1300 euro due to the car being 4300cc (even though it's 1995 registered) plus a payment of 1000 euros a year to the local primeria for the privilege of living here & owning a car even though we pay the Rovinette. A rip off. Mine is staying English registered.

I can imagine, and would prefer to do the same, only problem is that you need to go back to the UK every year for the MOT