Need Help Planning Trip To Ghana 4/9 To 4/14

I'm currently in Los Angeles, but grew up in London and Ghana, and speak Ga and Twi.

Last time I was in Ghana was 20 years ago, so I'm sure a lot has changed.

I'm planning a short trip to go catch up with family - 4/9/15 to 4/14/15 from LAX (Los Angeles) to ACC (Accra, Ghana).

I'll be staying with family, and could ask them to plan things, but I'd rather do it myself.

Trip is for just 1 adult.

I need help with a few things :

1. Which website has the best flight deals to Ghana?, currently looking at travelocity, and it looks to be around $1250 round trip.
Is there a better site with better prices?

2. I have a phone that uses a sim card. I'd like to buy a sim card with data and airtime compatible with Ghana, while I'm still in Los Angeles, so I have service when I land, and don't have to go looking for a sim card when I land. Which website has the best options? I'll be using whatsapp to keep in touch.

3. Is there an airline that's better?, noticed Delta, Klm and british airways so far. Which airline has better food, in flight comfort etc?

4. I'd like to rent a car for the 4 day period. I have driving licenses from Ghana, Uk and US.
Which website can I rent a car from? Not planning any long trips, just driving locally in Accra.

5. What do I do about money? Read that I should not use cards in Ghana, so do I fly in with cash? Where do Americans withdraw money in Ghana? Are there atm fees? Which place offers the best currency rates and options?

Any tips or additional info, would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Most airlines offer a similar service so just get the one that is most convenient for you. As to SIM cards hope someone can give you advice but it is easy to get one here. Not sure there are any online rental car hire options here but I do know that renting a car is extremely expensive. Finding a good taxi driver might be a better option especially as you are not familiar with Accra and finding your way around might be a challenge.
Not sure about ATM fees but most banks and shopping malls have ATMs and cards are becoming more readily used. I use mine now in all the big supermarkets and stores.
I'm sure you will be surprised at the changes here since you left and hope you will enjoy your stay.

Thank you so much.

Does Ghana have gps ?

If you look at google maps you will see a big improvement even in the 5 years I have been here but have not heard of anyone using GPS

Hello,
I info offered so far is helpful.
2. Sim Cards are really cheap. There might be a vender around your family house. You will need a Ghanaian address to register for one.
3. A rented Taxi is cheaper and the driver will provide additional info around accra. A taxi driver known to your host family is best.
4. Most cards are useable in Ghana. Don't carry much cash. In the worse case, you can always change foreign currencies in the Forex Bureau and there a good number of them.

regards