Two namibians wish to marry in South Africa during holiday - possible?

Is it possible for two namibian who want to get merried in south africa but they live different countries and they have two weeks vacation in south africa is it possible to get merried??????

Hello sheryl84 and welcome to Expat.com

Your thread is now on the South Africa forum to help you get better interactions.

You may browse through our Formalities forum section to gather some infos about how you could possible marry in south Africa.

In which part of SA will you be?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

We want to marry in Pretoria.

Yes,but paper work later.

joric wrote:

Yes,but paper work later.

Do you have some information you can pass on. If so please post it here.
I cannot see how anyone can first get married then do the paperwork later. Perhaps you would like to explain that as well.
Also, please do not post any misleading information that may get people into trouble with the authorities.

Thank you.

Please mind your language. How can you say I post misleading advice, for what benefit then? Mind your language.
If you marry in two weeks,i am saying you might not be able to file your paper to the home affairs but your partner do it for while you zoom to wherever. You don't permission to marry,if it I'd for the right reasons.

As for me i have no idea i just want to know whats the requirements and how long does it take for paper work to be done?? :-)

joric wrote:

Please mind your language. How can you say I post misleading advice, for what benefit then? Mind your language.
If you marry in two weeks,i am saying you might not be able to file your paper to the home affairs but your partner do it for while you zoom to wherever. You don't permission to marry,if it I'd for the right reasons.

There was nothing wrong with my language.And your original post only stated "paperwork later " nothing about not having enough time to get paperwork sorted so the assumption is that get married and then sort out the paperwork.

Hello everyone,

Let's calm down please..:)

I think there was a confusion so let us help sheryl84 so that she can get the proper information to get married in South Africa..:)

Joric in fact you should try to be more precise as members can get confused as they are asking for help and they need to get the proper information.

Thank you
Yuveshen