Any Ex pat's kids currently attending Asia Pacific College (APC)?

Hi there.

We have a soon to be 8 year old son & are relocating to Nha Trang at the end of this year. We are looking at sending our son to APC and would like to know if anyone else has any children being educated there.

We would be starting him in January after a small break over Xmas & the new year in either grade 2 or 3 depending on how he goes with the tests after we arrive.

Looking forward to any replies :)

Cheers
Stacy

Hi Stacy, I also plan to enroll my two boys in APC. currently finishing years 6 &7 in Qld Australia. Look to enroll them around Xmas time .
I received a good reply from their management regarding fees etc and hope to see them in September 14 to finalize the application process
If i can be of any assistance give us a call
Regards
Trevor Stephens
email   [email protected]

Hi Trevor.

Thanks for your reply. Will be lovely to meet you soon in VN :)

We are considering the EFI Centre as well now after more discussions on here.

We are looking forward to the move. Looks like there will be lots of Aussie boys there soon lol

Hi Stacy, thanks for your reply. My wife Hien is from Bao Loc, Vietnam. Hien , myself and two boys  lived at Baoloc for 5months  Sept 2012 - Feb 14. While it was a great place, there were no other resident foreigners and my boys found living there rather challenging.  They could not speak Viet and the local boys could not speak english.
I tried home schooling and failed miserably.
This is why i have picked Nha Trang for us to live- with two schools APC and French  , a few english speaking boys and
quite a few expats of my vintage
Hope to catch up with you guys at the end of Dec14
Kind Regards
Trevor and Hien

I know it's not a big commercial school but check out the German School run to the German curriculum. Good reports about them - and your children stand to learn up to three different languages. And cheaper than some of the other outfits.

Don't forget all the EXTRAS these outfits rip parents for - they can really ramp up costs, especially transportation. Uniforms are another rip - some won't even let parents have knock-offs of uniforms - they MUST be sold by the 'official' supplier.

Some of these school buildings cost tens of millions of US Dollars (the Canadian school had a number of around $46-million, and you, the parents are expected to pay the investors!

Check out the schools bona fides, many stretch the truth or claim to have links to help your child have special access to other schools and universities. And see just how many 'schools' are owned by money making operations rather that institutes of learning.

Jaitch wrote:

I know it's not a big commercial school but check out the German School run to the German curriculum. Good reports about them - and your children stand to learn up to three different languages. And cheaper than some of the other outfits.

Hi.
Does anyone know where the German School in Nha Trang is? Do anyone have any contact details? I am shopping around at the moment, and with two children to send to school, price is a big factor.

Thanks...

Think you are out of luck. Best to contact the German School in TP HCM.

There is a Asia Pacific College (APC) in Diamond Bay, Nha Trang - newish and still finding it's feet. Avoid Singapore-based schools in NT unless you want robotic kids they obey every command.

I'll be moving to Nha Trang for Business in November and have been looking at school options for bringing the family later. Our son, AUS/GER national is turning 8 in September and should enrol in year 2 accordingly.

Searching the web for an international school in town, I found essentially only APC.
They vacated their location at Diamond Bay, so any web site still locating them there is outdated.

I visited them at their new location.
It wasn't easy, as the location mentioned on the website as well as confirmed over the phone led to the taxi driver dropping us at the wrong spot.

Anyhow, we managed to find it and to talk to the principal and some staff.
Everybody was really friendly and doing their best, but it wasn't really what we've been expecting to be honest.
APC seems to be located at/being part of a normal Vietnamese school now.
Or maybe, they have a lot of Vietnamese kids enrolled in this "international school".
According to the principal they have altogether 9 foreign kids enrolled for this school year.
Therefore they are offering only 2 classes taught fully in english, one comprising grade 1-3, being called Grade2 and one labeled as grade 4.
They are charging a considerable fee, similar to what we used to pay in Thailand, but the school standard seems to be 30 years behind.
For anybody used to schools in Oz or Europe it is quite a let down.

I basically gave up on my kids visiting school here anytime soon, but just an hour ago, I found the website of the EFI (English French International center).
They seem to be a completely new outfit, probably originating in the sometimes mentioned french international school.
I'll have a look at them tomorrow.

I'll post what I find.
Anyhow, I'd be thankful for any info on any other schools available or from parents sending their kids to EFI.

Dear Stacy, we are in the same situation, moving to Nha Trang in December. We are from London, UK and our daughter is 5 in February but goes to school here. I had a look at APC but couldn't find any info. If you know anything please let me know. However, I found another school which is opening this year. It's Kinder World and this is an international school established in Singapore. pegasus.edu.my/index.php/our-campuses

Have a look at the link. I also have the contact of the Operations Manager for the Nha Trang school and he is very helpful. Unfortunately our child is not old enough; she can only start in academic year 2016/2017 with Year1.

I believe we are in a similar situation so please if you do come across anything else please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Susanne

Hi Susanne.

It will be great to meet you in Nha Trang!!

Since I posted this question we have found & enrolled our son into The EFI Centre - which is a French school that opened in September.
check out this website - http://www.eficenter.org/

I have since found out that the school is not accredited yet to teach in English, so I am finding out what this means to us in Australia when we return for our sons schooling in the senior years of high school.

What are your plans with moving to Nha Trang?

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. This school I have seen too and I was very interested because they follow the English Curriculum. Unfortunately, online I have seen they start only with Year1 with the English teaching. Have you got a contact so I can double check. I emailed them a couple of days ago but didn't get a reply.

My husband has accepted a job at a hotel in Nha Trang. What did bring you to Nha Trang?

Susanne

Hi Stacy, have been delayed  moving to Nha Trang . Still waiting for my wifes Australian permanent visa. I am going to Nha Trang  30/3-20/4 /15 and will visit EFI /School.
I will post my findings
Regards
Trevor Stephens

Hello,
Can anybody tell me more about Singapore international school. My child is going to Asia Pacific school but its more like a start up and I am not sure about it. In general I feel education in Vietnam is way behind India and Europe.
Regards,