What kind of life can I find in Romania for $5000 a month?

Some of my friends showed me some beautiful pictures of Romania and I now feel I wanna go there to stay and work on my writing and other stuff. Could someone please pitch in with a little info.?

1) What kind of Life can I expect on a modest budget of $5000 each month

2) How are the people in the country and Is it easy to mingle with them?

3) I can expect racism everywhere but is it a big issue in the country?

4) What kind of dating scene exists there?

5) What kind of entertainment options do I have?

6) Is the healthcare good?

7) Anything you would like to tell me?

I am a new member here (20 mins old) and I apologise already if I have made any mistakes while making this posts.
I would like you people to explain if I have offended anyone in any way.
Thanks
Cheers!

bleomasters wrote:

Some of my friends showed me some beautiful pictures of Romania and I now feel I wanna go there to stay and work on my writing and other stuff. Could someone please pitch in with a little info.?

1) What kind of Life can I expect on a modest budget of $5000 each month

2) How are the people in the country and Is it easy to mingle with them?

3) I can expect racism everywhere but is it a big issue in the country?

4) What kind of dating scene exists there?

5) What kind of entertainment options do I have?

6) Is the healthcare good?

7) Anything you would like to tell me?

I am a new member here (20 mins old) and I apologise already if I have made any mistakes while making this posts.
I would like you people to explain if I have offended anyone in any way.
Thanks
Cheers!

The following is just my opinion from my experience over the past 8 months:
1) The cost of living here is very low so that is far more than enough to live comfortably.
2) I think that in Bucharest there is a more diverse culture and more people that speak English, but outside of Bucharest, it's not easy to mingle if you don't speak Romanian.
3) You won't have a problem with racism here.
4) There is a great nightlife in Bucharest, and a lot of attractive people in Romania.
5) Depends on what you like and where you're from I guess. They have most of the usual forms of entertainment that they have in other European cities.
6) There are some good private doctors but the public healthcare is horrible.  It's considerably less expensive than most other places though, as is the dentist and many other things.
7) I can tell you from experience that it is fairly difficult here if you don't know Romanian and it is a very difficult language to learn (well, apparently it's easier if you already know other Latin-based languages).

Thanks for the detailed reply. Now I need to find out if I am cut out for learning Romanian :D

The intent and plan is good. However, you need to look at the fact that you being a non-EU citizen, what are your options of being here. Possible legal routes are: 1. Investment/ Business /Property, 2. University, 3. Marriage (not advisable if it is for convenience, as the immigration here can be difficult).

I suppose you need to first talk with an immigration lawyer see what are your real options.

Cheers/

Hello, there

If you decide to come to Romania to writw your book, i advise you to come to Oradea, Western Romania. I have lived here for the past 14 years. there are plenty of indian and african students here, most of them studying medicine.
An indian surgeon who studied medicine here , in oradea, became very popular as he was a contestant in Masterchef Romania. You can contact him on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anni-Anj … e_internal

For 5k you'll have a nice standard life wherever you may go.

(Moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)

(Moderated: no free ads please + post in the classifieds > Language classes in Romania section)

Hi...the average factory salary here is 200 euro/month....right now a euro is about equal to a dollar. I am just fine on 2000US a month and i spend money on many things that are not considered 'normal expenses'. Unless your lifetsyle is like Onassis, you'll be more than ok on 5k

Limba Romana is another story. I got Pimsleur CDs and that gave me the basics of hi, bye, where is toilet, where is police, etc. Worked well. I also has a tutor here for a while. Words change endings frequently much more so than English. Verbs are conjugated and nouns are declined just like Latin. What's in the + column is that letters are 'western', unlike Russian and Arabic.