Moving to Dar es Salaam

Hi,

We will be moving to Dar towards the end of April to take up a position in the private sector. Just a few questions:
* do I pay customs duties or other taxes on the import of my houshold goods, personal effects and vehicle? Taking into account that my work permit will have to be processed which could take some time.
* we have a lovely Golden Retriever dog. Any information on bringing our dog into Tanzania to make it easy so that he does not suffer due to paperwork delays, etc. and that we have him as quick as possible with us.

Thanks for your advice. Marc & Antoinette

hi,
The payments of customs duties and taxes depends on your working permit you have, and since your saying it will be on process then you have to pay for duties and taxes for household, your vehicle and dog.
But if you have the working permit and its on CATEGORY A,  then you will get full exemption of the used household but you are supposed to have necessary documents showing ownership and have been used, with the vehicle it supposed to have at least one year of registration at your country and its yours. If CATEGORY B then your will get exempted on percentage.
On issues of dog, you have to pay for..make sure you have Health record, Animal certificate, and vaccination records, and these paper work must be processed  much early.
[Moderated: Please do not share any contact number or email address on the forum]

you are well come. there is no problem with everything you have mentioned

:) Bonjour Marc & Antoinette, just saw your question, I guess by now you have processed everything, I offer pick up drop off from or to the  airport or vehicle service within Tanzania especially dar es salaam you are welcome to contact me,  hope to read you soon Karibu Tanzania (Welcome to Tanzania)