Newbies are ready to meet other newbies or 'old newbies' in town...

I'd love to but have plans tonight, and friends over at the weekend

A future event though for sure :-)

Good point! I will wear a grey hat and listen to this...I'll make a sign to put on the table too...just for the funky side of it! see ya all tonight!!!

Nice meeting you all last night!
Shall we meet at bay 11 in Valletta at 930 tomorrow morn for Marsaxlokk? It looks like the bus runs every 20 min and it should only take about 20-25 to get there as it's Sunday.

Yes that's would be fine , just remember buses are busy but just text when you get close and I'll meet you at kavalizzara bus stop , anyone not coming by bus text me and I'll arrange where to meet ... Hope you all had fun last night ;)

Thanks everyone for the pleasant time and atmosphere last night. Hope you had a good time and got home safely. We'll organise it better in future: book a table for instance etc.

Please let's use the other thread in future and not offend the site etiquette or local sensitivities further! :)

I had such a great time last night so thanks everyone! Got a bit tipsy upppssss... but certainly enjoyed myself :)

Hi I spend a lot of time here on my own as my husband works abroad in the Falklands, I moved out here permanently in Oct last year after spending long weekends periodically for the last 4years I have a small Dog and a house Cat. I live in Bugibba and I like to go to nice Bars and Clubs at weekends I do have friends in this area but would like to broaden my horizons and meet new people. It would be nice to hear from old and new members.

The Falkland Islands, beautiful place, raw natural beauty and great people. I know the islands well but from some time ago.

Missed you on Sunday, Morky! We went to Marsaxlokk market.
Tumpy 01- come to Sliema/St Julian's/Gzira sometime and hang out :).

Nange wrote:

Missed you on Sunday, Morky! We went to Marsaxlokk market.
Tumpy 01- come to Sliema/St Julian's/Gzira sometime and hang out :).

I hope you all had lots of fun! :) Lets do other night/day out soon, also for the new newbies that will arrive soon to Malta :)

Will do thanks as I enjoy going to new places and meeting new people

It's not going to happen unless someone actually make a suggestion and set the ball rolling otherwise people sit and look at each other all day. It's called Crowd Dynamics for those interested to know more about psychology!

NicolaY wrote:

Hey all,
Cafe Cuba in Sliema on Friday 8pm sounds grand! Am glad we have come to the decision before it gets to Friday!  :D
See you all there.
Nicola

I nominate Nicola as she can certainly talk the talk, let's see if she can walk the walk! ;)

Oh I nearly forgot, she can also knock your hot chocolate down too even when sober...

Hey everyone - looks like we missed out on a few get-togethers already...
We're living in St.Julians and would like to meet new people....let us know
when there's another meet-up.

Ha ha! Thank you New Horizonz! As much as I love a nomination organising things is not really my forte!

Would be happy for another meet up but have visitors this weekend so would have to be the one after for me!

Sure the others would be up for that too! 😄

Well my original plan of going to Portugal first has been scrapped. So moving over to malta on 24th feb... cant wait to jump on the plane leave the cold behind.

Stevo2412 wrote:

Well my original plan of going to Portugal first has been scrapped. So moving over to malta on 24th feb... cant wait to jump on the plane leave the cold behind.

Lets hope it gets warmer for you then lol its pretty cool at the moment

Its very cold here tho. So anything step up.

Well we'll have a 'welcome to Malta' thing for you towards the end of the month. This weekend is Carnival so I'll be in Valletta tomor eve, maybe Sunday too. If anyone wants to meet up for that, pm me!

Sounds good but I'm Not dressing up lol , ;) maybe Sunday would be good I'll speak to Matt and message you ;)

Hi...

I've been on the island for a while now (5 months) but due to working from home really haven't met as many people as I would like. And for some reason never thought to use this forum!
If there are any meet ups or events going on I would love to get involved.

I live in Sliema at the moment.

Oh and I'm English if that matters :)

foxiebex wrote:

Hi...

I've been on the island for a while now (5 months) but due to working from home really haven't met as many people as I would like. And for some reason never thought to use this forum!
If there are any meet ups or events going on I would love to get involved.

I live in Sliema at the moment.

Oh and I'm English if that matters :)

Why never thought of using these forums?

If you want to meet just send a message

Well finally landed in Malta. Now to enjoy a relaxing week before getting work.

Someone name the time and place for a get together! Friday night? Saturday?
Welcome to Malta!

Hey guys & newbies!

Lets meet up the next Friday (the 13th) shall we? Perhaps we could meet up in St. Julians at 8PM and then if we feel like it, later on, we could join the Couchsurfing group. I'm looking into pubs/ bars we could all meet but if you have an idea let me know.

How is Cafe cuba in St Julians by the way?

In birzibbuga theres a bar who interested in hosting an expat night. If interested let me know. I have created a separate posting.

The Cuba in St Julian's is nice, great patio and view of Spinola bay. I can swing by, though I think there is an Internations event I said I'd attend that night too, but also in St Julian's. Are you guys on internations?

So Cafe Cuba it is then :)

What is Internations? another blog?

and Stevo... it sounds great but for me Birzibbuga is quite far ...but do come to St Julians :D

I'll be there- 8PM CC in SJ with many bells on  :)
Anyone who wants to come, let us know on here by early-ish next week and then I'll book us a table when I swing by on my way to work next week. That way we'll have somewhere to sit and no need for Morky to make another sign (lovely and appreciated as it was last time Morkmeister x)
Let's hope the weather allows for an outside table- woo hoo summer's coming!

Hi,

I arrived in Sliema yesterday, still trying to find a place to live but should hopefully have somewhere soon! Definitely up for a few beers or something. Is Cafe Cuba in St Julians? I've seen one in Sliema but either way please keep me updated and I'll come down!

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah let's book a table that's a good idea Kerry :)!! No sign making ...phew! I'm sure the weather will be lovely...I can smell the summer in the air!

...and there are two cafe cuba's Drew, we'll meet at the one in St Julians though...

:)

Ok cool, I'm moving into a place in Balluta Bay on Friday so should be just round the corner!

Yeah, Internations.org. Lots of organized things but once a month there is a general meet up.
Drew- you, Kerry and I are pretty much neighbours. And yes, you're a stone's throw from The Cafe Cuba in St J's. It's at Spinola where all the little fishing boats are as the road turns up to Paceville.

Morky wrote:

...phew! I'm sure the weather will be lovely...I can smell the summer in the air!

Not today I am afraid! ;)

There is also a Facebook page 'expats/foreigners in Malta- feel@home' which has useful info, and a Maltese guy posts about Sunday hiking trips that he organizes. This Sunday they are doing a walk in Zurrieq along the cliffs (closer to you, Steve). I really hope we get a nice day for that! I so want to go.

That sounds wonderful Nange :)  I'd be interested too

We arriving on Tuesday 10th till 24th .
Pubs In St Julian's The Crows Nest, lovely open fire,,,The Band Club, all the locals plus pool table.... Tony's Bar just few we visit
Would be great to meet up on Friday at 8pm.

Cheers MC

Nange wrote:

The Cuba in St Julian's is nice, great patio and view of Spinola bay. I can swing by, though I think there is an Internations event I said I'd attend that night too, but also in St Julian's. Are you guys on internations?

Not InterNations , MeetUp ! ;-)

Wish I'd read this thread sooner, you all could have joined us on Friday!

Probably do another one in 2 weeks  :)

Haha, I have no idea where I'm going half the time... :0